eighteen

before i met niall, liam and zayn, i barely had anyone. i had my mum occasionally, but even she'd get tired of having to keep up with me. i'd gotten used to sitting at my kitchen table alone every morning, just staring off into space since i didn't exactly have anyone to text with or talk to. and then i found my three best friends, which i'd also managed to lost because of something so stupid as a kiss.

at least i had harry. i had my mum too, but harry was the one that i felt i could trust fully, which was odd since i normally wouldn't be open to new people.

we were sitting at my kitchen table when my mum walked into the kitchen. she stopped in front of us and tried her best to smile. "i'm heading off to a work interview now. there's food in the fridge if you're hungry, or you could order pizza, okay?" i nodded, avoiding her eyes to the beat of my ability. "oh, and you're welcome to stay as long as you'd like," she said to harry.

harry's faces cracked into a polite smile, "well, i don't want to intrude or anything..." he trailed off, even though he knew that he was definitely not intruding.

"nonsense. you're more than welcome to stay here."

"oh, okay then. thank you, mrs. tomlinson," harry said whole smiling sheepishly. for a second i could've sworn he was blushing, and i couldn't help my self from grabbing his hand underneath the table and giving it a light squeeze.

"don't worry, darling." she turned to me again, more serious this time. "call me if anything happens, or you need something, alright?"

"yes mum, i will," i sighed and pulled my hand away from harry's.

"alright then, i'll see you tonight. bye loubear, i love you," she said as she began to walk towards the hallway.

"yeah, love you too."

as soon as the door slammed shut, i turned to harry who was full on smiling at me. i swear this man was the sun itself, the way he'd light up the room just by smiling.

"loubear?" he smirked, making me scrunch my nose and blush. he chuckled, "that's a new one."

"ugh, don't even think about it..." i sighed, knowing exactly what was coming. and i wasn't wrong.

"but loubear, i think it's a very pretty nickname. a pretty nickname for my pretty lou," he smiled. i was stunned, and as far as i can remember, that was the first time he called me his. it felt good.

"stoooop," i whined even though i definitely wanted him to continue. i got closer to me and pressed a kiss to my temple, eventually trailing kisses all the way to my mouth where he pulled me in for a proper kiss.

"you know i won't be using your name anymore, right? i'll stick to loubear from now on," he teased, making me hide my face in my hands again. even though i wasn't looking at him, i knew he was sitting there next to me, smiling fondly at me. let's just say that there were endless amounts of butterflies in my tummy.

"aww, did you go all shy now, loubear?" he asked playfully as he slowly nudged my hands to make me remove them. i looked up at him and he shook his head while laughing. "you're too cute for you own good, boo."

"boo?" i giggled, "i thought you'd stick with loubear," i continued, and faked a pouting face, which caused him to lean in and kiss my pouty lips.

"you know, i shouldn't go around stealing nicknames. i'll just make my own for you."

"so you came up with boo?" i teased. he chuckled at me and nodded. "that's not very original, i'm afraid."

"shoot. um, let me think..." he put his hand on his chin and pretended to scratch his nonexistent beard. "babyboo? or maybe, baby honey? that's cute." i blushed and nodded at him, but he wasn't done. "angel? doll? baby face?"