ten

the following morning, i woke up with a terrible headache. turns out, i had a fever and there was no way i could go to school with that.

ever since my mum had gotten better, she had been really overprotective of me. it felt nice actually, just to have someone protect you and care for you so deeply. i'd never really had that before.

so my day consisted of me sleeping mostly, it wasn't until lunch that i got a text from niall.

niall: u good mate? where are uuuuu

louis: got a fever, resting today.

niall: alright, feel better mate!

i decided not to answer the text, i felt so tired and my head felt like it was going to explode at any moment, so i just went back to sleep instead.

tap.

tap. tap.

tap.

i woke up to someone tapping on my window, it could've easily been a tree branch or something, but i still decided to check it out.

i walked over to the window, only to find a certain curly haired boy sitting in the tree outside my window.

"harry?" he smiled at me.

"so, rumor has it you're dying." he said jokingly and i rolled my eyes at him.

"ha-ha." i responded sarcastically, making harry smirk.

he was being so weird, just the day before, he had tried to strangle niall half to death, and today he was acting all nice and caring again. he was so damn confusing.

"sooo, are you gonna let me sit in this tree forever, or..?" he challenged and i rolled my eyes at him yet again.

"well, i guess now that you're here, you could come in for a bit. careful though," i began and walked closer to the window, "it's highly contagious." i whispered, making him laugh.

he climbed through the window while i went back to my bed and completely covered myself in fluffy blankets. he smiled at me, before walking over to my bed. he seemed unsure at first, but eventually he took a seat beside me.

"so uh, i wanted to apologize... for you know, yesterday..." he began and i frowned. i really wanted him to know that i wasn't okay with the way he'd acted towards niall, but at the same time wanted to forgive him so, so, so badly.

"why?"

"well, uh 'cause i don't like that you're being mad at me," harry said and i chuckled.

"no, i mean why'd you do it, dummy." i said and he blushed slightly, it was kind of cute.

"oh... uh, yeah you weren't supposed to see that. it's just... he really gets on my nerves sometimes." he responded truthfully and i frowned again. sometimes?

"so it's happened more than once?" i asked and braced myself for the worst. he slowly dragged his hand through his hair and let out a heavy breath.

"yeah..." he said, and i could tell he felt really ashamed of himself. i knew he was telling me the truth, so i felt a bit better about that at least.

"how many times?"

"three, maybe four. not really keeping track." he said sternly, and i nodded for him to continue, deciding it was better if i'd let him speak first.