fourteen

"ugh, come on louis! you've literally been trapped in your own house for the past week. what's the matter with you? don't you want to hang with us anymore?" niall said through the phone and i had to fight to hold my tears back.

"i'm not quite feeling up for it, that's all. and i still wanna be friends, it's not that."

"then what is it? i'm sick of people moping around like someone's died or something." he sounded pretty angry, which only made me feel worse about everything.

"i'm not moping around."

"you are though. just come on, come over, we'll play some mario kart and then you'll feel better."

"i don't know, niall..."

"no, what you should say is 'why of course my darling niall, my sun, my moon, my bestest friend in the world. of course i'll come over and play mario kart with you even though i know for a fact that i'll lose because niall is king'."

"you always lose at mario kart."

"nuh-uh. i'm king."

"well, be someone else's king today. call liam or zayn or something."

"oh please, louis. they're boring to play with."

"no they're not."

"they are. they're way too lovey-dovey for my taste. i mean, i'm all for their little bromance, but come on. they have to get sick of it sooner or later, i know i have."

"then get someone else, i don't know."

"ugh. i have no other friends. everyone's weird and annoying and i hate humans."

"okay."

"and to top it all off, harry is literally a walking depression right now. geez, who broke his heart. i mean, if he had one that is."

"wha- what's happened...why?"

"don't know, don't care. he looks like a zombie and he probably hasn't showered for days, disgusting actually."

"has he, uh... you know... said something?"

"nah. he's been out drinking every night though, he's practically stumbling through the door when he gets home. my mum's pretty pissed at him, so i don't know - he might move out. honestly, i'd be up for it."

"and has he-"

"no! that's the shocking part, he hasn't had any female visitors over, well, or males for that matter. god only knows what his sexuality is. he's one of those people that wants to be all quirky and stuff and say 'oh, i don't label myself'. well, personally i think he's only in it to get laid as often as possible. he's probably not even into guys, i'd never see him date a guy. i mean, not that there's anything wrong with being gay, louis. you know i support you no matter what."

"you know... i might actually come over for a bit."

"wha- really!? this day is only getting better and better!"

"yeah, okay. i'll be there in 30."

"hellz yeah!"

-

to say i was nervous to see harry again would be an understatement. i hadn't seen him since the fight took place a week ago, and we hadn't called or texted like we usually did everyday.

niall opened the door with a big smile on his face, so big i thought his face was going to split in half. that was one of niall's things, his stupidly big smiles that made you just a tad bit uncomfortable while at the same time you wanted to burst out in laughter just from looking at it.