Chapter 1

The frosty night air caressed her smooth skin as she got out of her car. Hannah Cupid smiled as she handed her keys to the young valet.

His stare at her ample cleavage was rewarded with a playful wink from the blonde woman. She wore a tight, strapless black dress which accentuated her sleek curves. The long slit at the left side revealed a lot of her leg as she made her way into the elegant foyer of the Crimson Monarch Hotel.

She had a dinner meeting with the owner of the hotel. It was her third meeting of the sort for the week so far and it was only Tuesday.

Hannah was taking her maid of honour duties very seriously. Her best friend Mikayla Moss was marrying her billionaire boss Damien Arnauld and she would be damned if this was not going to be the wedding of the century. Damien had given Hannah a special credit card to cover whatever expenses that were needed. Of course, it was something that they had to keep Mikayla from knowing, at least for the time being.

"Gotta love Miks, engaged to a billionaire yet still modest about spending his money," Hannah said to herself with a soft chuckle before adding, "I have so much to teach her still."

Hannah had met Mikayla in secondary school. Mikayla had recently migrated to England from the twin-island state of Trinidad and Tobago, and Hannah had been instantly intrigued by the Caribbean beauty. Coupled with a lovely accent, Mikayla's long, dark, curly hair and smooth brown skin made her stand out at the private English school. From their very first encounter by the vending machine, when Hannah cursed out Rodney Thompson for harassing Mikayla, the two had hit it off, immediately becoming the best of friends.

Even though their personalities were the complete opposite of each other at times, they had been inseparable since day one, their traits complimenting each other. Damien had suggested that they could have a small wedding in Tobago on one of the beautiful beaches. Meanwhile, Mikayla had been dabbling with the idea of a fancier London wedding. Hannah thought that they both were great ideas, as each wanted to please the other. However, in her mind, she could not see why the couple could not do both.

As a result, she had been meeting with various hotel managers and owners around London to see what sort of wedding packages they offered. Tonight, she would be meeting Mr. Timothy Rochford. He owned a chain of luxury hotels with a great reputation for hosting excellent wedding receptions.

Hannah entered the elegant restaurant that was attached to the hotel. She gave the host her name who escorted her to a partially hidden booth. Upon seeing Mr. Rochford, Hannah could not help but lick her lips. There was just something about a sexy man in a suit that immediately got her blood boiling.

For a man in his early fifties, he looked great. His black, wavy hair had a light dusting of grey by the temples, and he had piercing chocolate eyes that Hannah could only imagine made the ladies swoon. To Hannah, there was nothing wrong with mixing business and pleasure. She flashed a captivating smile to Mr. Rochford who stood and greeted her.

"Hannah, you look divine as always! How is your father?" Mr. Rochford asked as they slid into the booth, his gaze taking a quick appreciative glance over her figure.

Doing her best, she quickly fought the look of displeasure that threatened to cross her face. She replied with a forced smile as her blue eyes locked with his, "Oh you know the usual with Robert Cupid, focused on making more money than he can ever spend in several lifetimes."

Being the daughter of a wealthy businessman was not all that it was cracked up to be. Her father had never been around, too busy with his work and different women. While her mother Marcia, in turn, took to seeking attention in the beds of others, both male and female alike. As a result, Hannah had spent more time with the maids around the house, and had learned to be independent from a very young age.