Chapter 18

"Remind me again why I agreed to two weddings?" Mikayla complained, as they left the Crimson Monarch Hotel.

"Because it was the right decision! Your husband comes from money, he's expected to throw at least one lavish wedding," Hannah teased, as she looked up at the beautiful night sky.

"But these last three weeks passed so quickly! I can't even believe the number of things that you were able to get done!" Mikayla said in disbelief.

Smiling, Hannah said, "That's what I'm here for, leave all the stressing out to me."

The wedding was less than a week away and, so far, everything was on schedule. They met with Mr. Rochford to finalise some last-minute details concerning the venue before the quartet decided on going to dinner.

"I must say, Hannah, you should probably quit your job and go into wedding planning full time," Damien stated as they ate.

Nodding Tariq agreed, "I second that!"

"Not happening," Hannah countered, "only Mikayla gets the pleasure of these skills. Besides, planning one billionaire-type wedding is enough for my lifetime."

Hannah could admit that while planning the Tobago wedding had been less stressful, she had enjoyed the often-ridiculous challenges that came with planning a more luxurious ceremony. She could not believe that in under six months she had managed to organise not one but two weddings.

"At least you know you have something to fall back on if you ever get bored with marketing," Mikayla added with a wink.

After dinner, they all decided to end the evening at one of their favourite bars. It was a chic place with an elegant charm to it. Hannah really enjoyed the science-themed drinks that they served. Her favourite was called a Black Hole, which consisted of black rum, black syrup, lime and ginger.

The women were laughing at a story, that Damien and Tariq were telling about their teenage-years, when Hannah suddenly heard her name being called.

"Well if it isn't Hannah fucking Cupid," Oscar's voice vehemently spat in her direction.

Stiffening, Hannah turned around; it had been years since they had bumped into each other. Even though Oscar was now a man in his early forties, she could not deny that he was still as handsome as ever. His dark hair was neatly styled, with dark eyes that held a hint of danger that she once thought to be alluring. Oscar was with a group of three other men, all dressed up in business suits. They looked like they had a bit too much to drink.

"Keep it moving Oscar!" Mikayla said.

Tariq immediately moved closer to Hannah's side, his hand circling around her waist. His eyes firmly fixed on the man who had caused a lot of emotional distress to the love of his life.

"Oi! So finally found yourself a man who would put up with your slutty cunt? I heard that you bagged yourself a rich oil tycoon, I guess the rumours are true! Be careful mate, she has some serious daddy issues!" Oscar slurred as he looked between Hannah and Tariq, slowly taking a step forward, clearly intoxicated.

Tariq stepped in front of Hannah, protecting her behind him, his voice holding warning, "Watch your mouth."

"You're drunk Oscar, go home," Hannah said with a frown.

Throwing his head back, he laughed, "Oh my little cum slut, I missed that sweet mouth of..."

Oscar's words were interrupted as Tariq's fist connected with his jaw. The entire scene unfolded so fast, one-minute Tariq was punching Oscar in the face, and the next, all four men were on him. Damien immediately rushed in to help his best friend, diving head first into the midriff of one of the men, pummelling him to the ground. Even though it was four against two, Damien and Tariq held their own.