Chapter 8

Not really bothering to hide the mark that Tariq had left on her neck, Hannah threw on a simple cream-coloured tank top and a pair of light blue jeggings.

She had combed her hair up in a carefree pony tail before heading downstairs. As she made her way towards the kitchen, she heard Tariq and Damien laughing.

"There's sleeping beauty!" Mikayla smiled.

"Morning everyone," Hannah said.

Cheerful replies greeted her as she walked over to the large kitchen island where Mikayla stood, eating a breakfast roll. Humming to herself, Hannah began making a sandwich of her own out of the various things that had been laid out. Her tummy grumbled in anticipation as the scent of bacon filled her nostrils.

Damien and Tariq were sitting at the kitchen table chatting about stocks. Hannah could not help but notice the way in which Tariq would subtly glance at her ever so often. It caused her skin to tingle, the memory of his hands on her making the corner of her lips twitch.

She bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from smiling, doing her best to ignore him while she stood and ate her breakfast. She did not dare look at Mikayla, who by now was staring holes into the side of Hannah's face.

"Sooo, you just gonna waltz in here with a hickey the size of Antarctica on your neck and act like nothing happened last night?" Mikayla hissed softly as she moved closer to her best friend.

After swallowing, Hannah finally looked at Mikayla, her blue eyes gawking, "Well, I thought it was self-explanatory?"

"No way woman, we're taking this breakfast to go. I want details, now!" Mikayla grabbed her best friend and dragged her out to the balcony, making sure to close the door behind them.

Hannah muttered as she leaned against the railing, looking out at the city of London, "Could've at least let me finish eat my breakfast inside first."

Scoffing Mikayla replied, "Nope, you can eat outside! Let me not remind you of your reaction the first time Damien and I had sex."

Hannah had the audacity to snicker right there and then, not being able to stop herself at the memory. "How could I forget; you almost raped the poor man in his office.

"I did not!" Mikayla grumbled while shaking her head, "Don't try to change the subject! I thought you didn't do repeat performances? Not that I'm complaining at all, but I am shocked as shit right now. I might have actually believed you if you had told me you did it to yourself. But seeing Tariq's face light up the way it did when you entered the kitchen suggests otherwise."

"I swear, that man does not understand the meaning of being discreet," Hannah complained.

Mikayla suddenly smiled as she teased, "Well I'll be honest, Damien and I were craving some of the left over Luqaimats early this morning. So, we decided to head down into the kitchen to get some. However, we were greeted with Tariq's ass ploughing into you on our kitchen counter. You seemed to be enjoying yourself immensely."

Hannah's right hand came up to massage her temples as she momentarily closed her eyes, "Did you put something in the food by chance?"

"W-what!" Mikayla exclaimed, "Seriously? You're trying to blame this on the food. Good thing we didn't have any alcohol last night otherwise you'd have claimed to be drunk." She laughed a bit as she asked, "Can't you just admit that you wanted to fuck him again and leave it at that?"

Roughly taking another bite of her sandwich, she chewed aggressively to avoid replying. However, Mikayla continued to openly stare at Hannah until the blonde was forced to replay what transpired over the last few hours.