Chapter 17

Mikayla and Damien left for the Northern end of the island on Sunday morning. They would be staying at an exclusive resort in Speyside, where they would relax before returning to Pigeon Point on Tuesday, as they were all headed back to London on Wednesday

Similarly, Cynthia and Roger had flown to Trinidad using the airbus between the two islands. They took Sophie and Daniel, as well as Mrs. Clemons and her husband with them to show them around the bigger island. They too would return on Tuesday evening.

This meant that Hannah and Tariq had a few days to themselves. Taking the extra SUV, they packed their bags and headed on to their own adventure.

"Where are we going exactly?" Hannah complained, her eyebrows raising a bit as she asked, "Do you even know where we are going?"

Laughing slightly, Tariq replied, "Yes, I know where we're going, just relax we won't get lost, I promise."

They were on the Northern end of the island as well, on the opposite side of where Mikayla and Damien went. At the moment, Hannah and Tariq were driving through some narrow roads, with only dense and lush forest surrounding them.

"And we're going to Charlotteville," he added as they turned another sharp corner.

"That's if you don't drive off the bloody mountain and kill us first," Hannah commented.

Charlotteville was the perfect place for them to relax for the next few days. With its picturesque location, it was neatly tucked away on the golden sands of Man-o-War Bay.

Damien had suggested the area to Tariq, stating that the village had a special charisma about it that seemed to entice visitors to stay. Having briefly passed through the village the week before with Roger and Cynthia, Tariq was familiar with the drive.

The route to the village was an exciting one, with views of the stunning northeast coast of Tobago on the winding Windward Road. They were presented with an astounding sight of Charlotteville from the mountainous incline. Which is why Hannah was jumpy and wanted him to focus on the road.

Tariq softly chuckled as he shook his head and used his left hand to gently rub Hannah's knee, trying to reassure her.

"Both hands on the wheel mister!" she said before continuing, "You can touchy touchy later."

"Yes ma'am," he grinned, both his hands firmly gripping the steering wheel.

————— ▲ —————

Charlotteville was truly beautiful and now that they had more time, Tariq and Hannah could really take in the exquisiteness of the area.

The village had a golden sand shoreline that was caressed by the blue waters of Man-o-War Bay, backed by the luxuriant rainforest mountains. Tariq had rented them a lovely chalet located near the centre of Charlotteville and their cottage was just a short walk from the beach.

It was around half past two in the afternoon when Tariq told Hannah that they would be going on a small boat tour of the lovely Man-o-War Bay. As a result, he suggested that she should dress in some simple beachwear attire.

Together, they prepared a small picnic to carry, which consisted of a watermelon, tomato, and feta Salad, as well as Corn Cobettes with basil butter and simple salami sandwiches.

Hannah would not tell Tariq, but she always enjoyed being in the kitchen with him. They spent many of their Sundays cooking together and it had almost become a sort of ritual. She could not help but smile to herself as, even though they were in Tobago, he still managed to continue their Sunday tradition.