𝖛𝖎. 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖘

TAINTED BLOOD!
poisons.

TAINTED BLOOD!poisons

        𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄, however, no class was dreaded as much as Potions. Professor Snape, a wizard whose sole expressions seemed to be a rather nasty scowl or a sneer that even Salazar Slytherin himself would have envied, was not an easy teacher to please.

While Potions was indeed a subject many failed to find as endearing as Charms or Defence Against the Dark Arts, professor Snape's teachings seemed to be appreciated by at least one student. Ever since her very first lesson, Alexandra Grindelwald's natural talents and propensity for the art had managed to capture the sourly Head of Slytherin House's attention.

It was not uncommon to find a witch or a wizard who harboured a secret talent for such underappreciated art, yet none had quite been like Alexandra. Albus Dumbledore himself had found the eldest Grindelwald twin's talent to be quite fascinating. Upon having agreed on testing the teen during her third year by assigning her a rather tricky potion, the Hogwarts professors had all come to the same conclusion; Alexandra Grindelwald was the most promising Potions student the school had seen in decades – much to Snape's chagrin.

One had to take all of this into consideration, for otherwise it would have been rather odd to see a laid-back witch among a sea of disheartened students all waiting for their teacher to arrive.

The Potions' classroom was as dim as always; however, the workspaces that usually housed cauldrons and ingredients of all sorts were completely bare.

While many started whispering amongst one another, their curiosity raising with each passing second, Alexandra and Harry sat patiently as they awaited Snape's instructions.

Suddenly, the class wooden door closed with an echoing 'boom', Snape's figure soon coming into view as his pitch black robes cast a shadow on the ground. It was as if someone had cast a spell on each and every student, for the previous chatter disappeared altogether upon the professor's arrival.

"I wouldn't make myself comfortable." Snape drawled on in his deep and nasally tone once he reached the desk at the forefront of the class. "Today, you'll be working in pairs. I won't tolerate any complaints, nor do I want to hear any whining. Am I making myself clear?" Some students decided to answer, while others merely nodded in response.

While some students did not seem to mind their work companions, others looked fairly grim as they made their way towards their allocated workspaces; however, no one dared to voice their discomfort in fear of their action resulting in a deduction of points or detention. Snape was not known to be a kind man; the professor had never bothered to hide his dislike towards certain students, his sly comments having brought one or two people to tears within the first two weeks of their first year.