𝖝𝖎. 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖎𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖙

TAINTED BLOOD!
confidant.

TAINTED BLOOD!confidant

        ALEXANDRA LOATHED SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME INDOORS. As a lover of the outdoors, the teen often found solace in being surrounded by nothing but nature. Nature quelled Alexandra's nerves; it soothed her spirit and made her feel part of something far purer than anything else that existed in the world.

Seasons had never bothered the white-haired witch; she found beauty in both blossoming flowers and empty branches, for they represented the full circle of life. However, winter had to be the season Alexandra adored the most, for, no matter how dark the world could get, snow always made it seem as innocent as a babe inside a mother's womb.

After two weeks of detention, all Alexandra wished to do was bask in the cold December air. Life, however, seemed to have other plans for the young witch.

As she longingly eyed the outside grounds, Alexandra sighed softly. Oh, how the witch wished to feel her feet sink in the white-carpeted terrain, intruding the snowflakes majestic dance while allowing them temporary residence on her body.

However, no matter how strong Alexandra's desire was, fate's call rang twice as loud.

One should never underestimate the power of solitude, that much the witch had learned, for it was during the hours she'd spent polishing trophies that she'd made a bone-chilling discovery.

The forced seclusion had allowed Alexandra to examine her emotions. She'd always been short-tempered, a trait the witch hadn't inherited from either of her parents. However, it wasn't until her haunting dreams had started that Alexandra had begun to experience feelings that had, thus far, been foreign to her.

The lack of company and deafening silence had granted Alexandra the chance to explore these odd emotions, only to be horrified by her discovery.

Some of those feelings did not belong to her.

While one would have basked in the realisation that they weren't going insane, the new-found discovery had only managed to unsettle Alexandra even further.

While most of Alexandra's emotions still belonged to her ( although some – such anger – heightened by an outside force ), others came from a second party ( most likely the same person who haunted her ).

Was it permanent, or was there a cure? Did this mean she was a dark-witch in the makings? Did the evil that had festered on the bodies and souls of her ancestors slither in her bones? Was she ( like she'd always feared ) born with tainted blood in her veins? Was she becoming like her crazed grandfather?

It was due to her breakthrough that Alexandra found herself spending her first afternoon of freedom in weeks in the school's library. The wooden table she sat at was covered in books divided in piles. Next to the pristine-looking tome before her was a small stack of parchments she'd spelled to look invisible to anyone but herself, notes and observations she'd made over the past few days scribbled in neat handwriting.