𝖝. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖆𝖘𝖐

TAINTED BLOOD!
the first task.

TAINTED BLOOD!the first task

        𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄, and although the voice in her head was partially to blame, Freya was just as guilty. The two Ravenclaw witches were sitting in the stands of an arena that had been built for the First Task, students from different Houses and Schools surrounding them. Besides Alexandra stood the Weasley twins, eager to collect the last bets before the task truly began.

"I am just saying, you're not doing a good job at concealing that something's different." Freya shrugged, tilting her head to the side and hitting Blaise in the face with her wild mane. "Name one time you haven't replied to your parents' letters in the past three years."

"Third year, when dementors were roaming the grounds." Blaise chipped in, scrunching his nose in disgust as he pulled one of Freya's hair from his mouth. "And in the name of Merlin, stop whipping your hair about."

"Admit it; you're both jealous of my beautiful curls."

"Blaise, what do you reckon, who talks more; Freya or Lockhart?" Alexandra grinned.

Blaise did not even bother to hide his laughter, stretching his hand and high-fiving a very amused Alexandra.

"You two are the worst best friends ever." Freya scoffed.

"Oh, come on. If the old sod were our age, you two would have made an amazing couple." Freya promptly smacked Blaise upside the head.

"Take it back." The curly-haired witch demanded.

Taking advantage of her best friends' bickering, Alexandra fluttered her eyes closed. The sealed letter that rested in her pocket felt heavier than what it was, for what weighted it down was not the parchment inside it, but the white-haired teen's guilt.

Tilting her head backwards, Alexandra slowly opened her eyes. It was as if, the moment the teen's gaze fell on the blue sky, all the noise surrounding her disappeared. The witch couldn't help but envy the flock of birds that flew above her head, for they were free – free of any burden a human being might carry, of constant thoughts, and guilt-stricken looks.

Staring at the birds in the distance, Alexandra slowly let her mind wander.

If one had told her a year ago that she would have avoided her parents for months, she would have deemed them insane. Friends and family had always been two of the things Alexandra cherished the most. Yet, here she was, keeping her parents in the dark and withholding the truth from those who surrounded her. There was no malice in the witch's actions - only fear, shame, and utter confusion.