𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍 𝖚𝖓𝖛𝖊𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖉

TAINTED BLOOD!
truth unveiled.

TAINTED BLOOD!truth unveiled

        ALEXANDRA HAD NEVER CROSSED PATHS WITH DEATH; HOWEVER, EVER SINCE HER NIGHTMARES HAD BEGUN, IT WAS AS IF THE BEING WAS UNABLE TO HIDE ITS PRESENCE FROM THE WITCH. Death was silent, hiding in plain sight until it chose to strike. Yet, what one could often overlook was that the primordial force always left an invisible trail in its wake. Death might have been something no mortal could have ever seen, but its energy lingered in both air and soil long after it had disappeared.

Had it been real life, Alexandra's loud gasp would have reared countless heads as it echoed within the tall cemented walls that enclosed the even ground she laid on. Eyes fluttering open, the white-haired witch found herself staring at an empty dark sky, the lack of clouds and stars only adding to the eerie feeling that enclosed her. The moon above could have very well been in hiding, for the darkness that engulfed such grounds was so powerful one couldn't have even tried to deny its existence.

It felt like all hope had been stripped from Alexandra's current location, the lack of the shining beacon weighing heavy on the white-haired witch's shoulders. The energy that had tainted the grounds was chilling, cold, and coated in anguish. Death had been there.

Slightly on edge, yet masking it with ease, Alexandra finally sat up, allowing herself to take in her surroundings. There was no sign of life, and even nature seemed to have fallen prey to the grim reaper's scythe, for what must have once been green moss and ivy had now become akin to a fossilised material.

The thick air was oddly breathable, the lack of pollution a stark contrast to the imposing man-made structures that stretched on both her sides. However, that wasn't what truly puzzled Alexandra, for her nightmares had often taken her to unknown and odd places before. No, what confused the witch was the lack of fog that had characterised all her night terrors thus far like a teasing blanket preventing her from peeking through, shielding her from whatever awaited her on the other side.

Every time Alexandra attempted to stand up, an invisible force pushed the witch back down, pinning her on the cold cemented floor with a strength she'd never experienced before. Grinding her teeth, the white-haired witch laid her palms on the floor, kneeling and pushing with both arms and back to fight whatever was keeping her rooted in place. This strange occurrence could have been described as a battle of wills, and, as such, only someone who didn't know Alexandra would have expected her to be on the losing side of it. With a low, guttural grunt, the witch steadied both hands and feet, pushing against whatever was fighting her with all her might.

A loud, tearing sound caused Alexandra to cover her ears. It was only then that it hit her; she hadn't been fighting an invisible force, but rather battling against the veil Albus Dumbledore had often mentioned.

After months of haunting nightmares, Alexandra had finally managed to pierce the veil within her mind.

She should have been elated, but her current whereabouts made it difficult for the witch to do so. There was no mistaking it now, for all the mausoleums that lined the pathway could only mean one thing: Alexandra was in a cemetery.