𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖈𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊

TAINTED BLOOD!
full disclosure.

TAINTED BLOOD!full disclosure

        WHILE HOGWARTS' CURRICULUM WAS VAST, ONLY A HANDFUL OF CLASSES WERE CONSIDERED MORE TEDIOUS THAN OTHERS.

History of Magic ( along with Transfiguration and, much to everyone's disbelief, Herbology ) happened to be one of the subjects Alexandra dreaded the most, for the witch's creativity far excelled her ability to recite facts verbatim.

Unable to focus on Professor Binns' droning, that Tuesday morning, Alexandra found herself staring outside the window. Usually, the falling snowflakes would have managed to bring a sense of peace to the witch, yet not even such beauty seemed to be able to put a lid over the pit in her stomach. Dread ran through the teen's veins like a current of electricity, dangerous to the touch, and easy to charge even further.

A hand halted the bouncing of Alexandra's leg, coaxing the teen's attention onto its owner. Aron's smile was warm, his eyes shining with unspoken understanding as he scanned his twin's face for clues only to find himself empty-handed. The boy stifled a loud exhale, for, just as he'd predicted, Alexandra's face was impassive, and her eyes were void of emotions. He'd often wondered how muggles could affirm that 'the eyes were the window to one's soul', for if that was the case, he'd have been able to see through the walls Alexandra had built around herself at a rather young age. Luckily, there were other tells he'd picked on over the years, such as his twin bouncing legs whenever nerves wracked her body.

"It's going to be okay," Aron whispered, having shifted closer to Alexandra to avoid being caught talking by the ghostly professor. "Everyone knows where to go after their lessons, and Dumbledore will be waiting for us in his office."

As much as Alexandra wished her twin's words to have a calming effect, his remainder of the upcoming reveal only managed to spark a new wave of uneasiness and anxiety, making the witch silently plead for her breakfast to remain in her stomach.

As promised, Alexandra had visited Dumbledore the day after she'd opened up to Aron in the Forbidden Forest. The two had talked at length about who to trust with Alexandra's new discovery, and, much to the teen's relief, Dumbledore hadn't objected to any of the names she'd brought up. Of course, everything was far more complicated than what she'd later told her brother, for the wise wizard had insisted on specific countermeasures she'd felt uneasy about sharing with Aron.

Due to her continuous avoidance, the task of gathering Alexandra's friends had fallen on Aron, who had done so without a single complaint. As far as Alexandra knew, her friends' replies had been filled with nothing but puzzlement and relief.

It was as if something had gotten lodged in Alexandra's throat, for when the teen attempted to reply to her twin, all that followed was a brief coughing fit. "Convincing them to meet us with the Headmaster might have been easy," The witch replied in a hushed tone. "Their reactions to the truth, however..."