𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

TAINTED BLOOD!
traditions.

TAINTED BLOOD!traditions

        IN THE FOLLOWING WEEKS, ALEXANDRA FELT LIKE AN UNSUSPECTING EXPLORER WHO'D FALLEN PREY TO AN UNFORGIVING PIT OF QUICKSAND. Several hands kept on reaching for her, struggling to grasp one of the witch's limbs to free her from her prison, yet, no matter how hard she thrashed and pulled, each attempt to reach firm land proved fruitless. Such was Alexandra's anxiety, an all-consuming emotion that threatened to swallow her whole.

Thoughts ran rampant as different scenarios regarding her upcoming visit to Nurmengard plagued Alexandra's mind, preventing the witch from focusing on everyday tasks. There was no need for coffee or potions, for sleep often evaded the Grindelwald girl no matter how much she willed herself to get caught in its smothering embrace.

Already perceived as cold by many, the weeks that followed the meeting in the Headmaster's office had seen a progressive distancing and detachment of Alexandra from all those she did not know well. Smiles and chatter in public settings ( even if in the presence of her friends ) had become rare occurrences, the stony demeanour she'd become infamous for throughout the Wizarding World ( as a result of an article written by Rita Skeeter ) gracing her features more often than not.

People often found solace in the presence of others, craving human contact above all else. However, Alexandra sought loneliness when in need of quelling her emotions, silence drowning out the witch's thoughts, and quieting the voice within her head.

The Forbidden Forest had become her sanctuary, long showers a soothing balm, tidying her sleeping quarters a welcomed distraction. When all else failed, Alexandra sought comfort in a steaming hot cup of chamomile tea.

While days seemed to blur by, nights dragged on – inescapable nightmares haunting the witch each time sleep managed to overtake her.

Alexandra had stopped relying on the Dreamless Sleep potion, unwilling to become enslaved to it. Her decision had been a wise one, yet regret lingered, for she'd soon discovered that the absence of the veil carried consequences of its own. Her nightmares had become less cryptic, and soon enough, she'd realised that what she'd been forced to bear witness to were none other than Gellert's memories. Each time sleep overpowered her tired mind, Alexandra was forced to live through a different event; and while those present failed to sense her presence, the same couldn't be said for the witch's wicked grandfather.

Luckily, gone were the days Alexandra had to carry the burden of her predicament on her own. Those Alexandra had trusted with the truth did not judge her, nor did they look at the witch any differently; their support was unparalleled.

A muggle writer had once stated that 'every cloud has a silver lining', and, while Alexandra happened to be quite the realist, even the girl couldn't help but agree with that woman.