12 |Justice and Lucky

Not noticing my headache from getting my hair done yesterday Vicki gives me a full synopsis of homecoming including who made out with who, and who thought her and Vince were the cutest couple. She pointed out how good my hair looked not asking about my weekend probably knowing that's what it revolves around.

Today has been a pretty chill day, my first 4 periods went by pretty fast and everyone seemed to be in a post homecoming funk.

The one person I can think of that had a good time at homecoming and isn't recovering is Stella from my first period. Everyday she walks into geometry late flipping her blonde hair while holding a starbucks green drink, or a robeks smoothie depending on the day. She doesn't even rush to get to class late she just does her model strut, while I do my sad little hunchback run to the door.

Even at lunch I could actually sit in the patio because there wasn't any chaos or yelling on behalf of Vince's group. In fact there was so much silence I couldn't even stare at Chase due to the fact that there wasn't any large noise to distract him from feeling my stare.

Now the halls are overly crowded as I enter my French class where only Harper sits doing the warm up.

"So you got your phone back?" The voice I've been waiting for shocks me as I walk to my seat with my phone now turned off.

Ziyah stands behind me looking the same as always with his sort of messy dreads that fall on his Nike jacket. As usual his white sneakers are spotless and his jeans are sort of sagging off of him.

"Yea my parents need to know when to pick me up."

I desperately want to ask about the text, but his chill careless hazel eyes force me to just sit in my seat which awkwardly is still next to his.

"Ooh someone got their hair done," Unna mocks as she nudges past me in her black denim shorts that attract Ziyah's daze.

"Thanks," is all I say.

Unna sits down and the sight of her lower ass disappears making Ziyah's eyes come back to me. Really my butt is bigger it's just my figure is fuller while Unna is slimmer making her butt appear to have more junk.

"Janet Jackson and Tupac?" He raises his eyebrows at the two of them on my chest.

" Yes but no Justice and Lucky have you watched poetic Justice?"

"Nah." The bell rings and more students file in including Lindsey who's wearing the same size shorts as Unna. Hers are symmetrical with her white tube top that is being covered by her gradient brown hair. Ziyah doesn't give one look at Lindsey's backside which isn't as plump as Unna's and continues to look at me.

"It's a classic and John Singleton may he Rest In Peace was a true genius. It's on STARZ you should see it as soon as possible."

"May he Rest In Peace, but I'm not paying for a starz subscription." He takes out a mechanical pencil and his notebook, which makes me feel bad for writing in my binder.

I try to continue doing the warm up that's a summary of yesterday's notes, but I can still feel Ziyah's gaze. Maybe he does actually have some interest in me.

"You're missing out it's a really good movie," I whisper.

"What is?" Lindsey chimes in before Ziyah can.

"Poetic Justice."

Lindsey nods her head then says, "I've never heard of that movie," which I sure expected her to say.

After a regular class of Ziyah doing his usual amount of talking with me, and not exhibiting any symptoms that would make me think he adores me, I head to the tennis courts where Sienna, Daisy, and Hailey are surprisingly there before me.