15|The Date

Ziyah and I decided that he would pick me up here then we would walk to the park, making me clean the whole living room by myself. Until I picked up and dusted a picture of Vince and I when we were little it didn't occur to me that Ziyah would not only seeing a glimpse of where I live, but where the quarterback of his school lives as well. This realization didn't make me want to put the pictures away, but just dust them off because frankly Vince and I look adorable.

The picture is from Halloween when Vince was 8, I was 6, and Dani was only 1, but she's not even in the picture.  Vince is some sort of pirate with a plastic knife while I'm an angel in a poofy white dress. We're smiling smiles that aren't forced because in are hands out bags of artificial sugar. Good times.

Now here comes the worst part of the night, my dad meeting Ziyah who isn't the Harvard bound boy my dad would like me to bring home. Sitting at the dining table waiting for Ziyah to knock is my dad who's carrying Sawyer, and Dani who is really excited to see someone I go to school with.

They're all going to Vince's game at some school I don't exactly remember. Tara surprisingly doesn't have any appointments at the salon, instead to get away from us she has to go see her mom who I believe lives in Van Nuys.

Not really nervous about this whole thing I'm sitting on the couch fresh out of the shower in my Whitney Houston shirt and favorite wide legged pants. Really I've been wearing the same jeans all day, I just changed out of my plain black tee that suffered an unfortunate pressed juice stain. One Ziyah completely saw because Unna shouted in 5th period, "You got something right there," grabbing the whole class's attention.

I can thank Harper for the stain who I've been comforting at lunch and nutrition since Wednesday. As she sulked she knocked her juice right on me.

Other than feeling like Ziyah won't like the movie I'm chill in fact I'm perfectly fine, and prepared. I have a blanket, and really my phone and just myself because I'm not going to be one of those girls who carries a purse full of shit.

Really I'm just glad Ziyah was so passive, and didn't care if he had to take a 15 minute drive to get here.

As the clock changes to 5:15 a light knock hits the door making Ziyah like 15 minutes early because the movie starts at 5:30. I get up off the couch and meet my dad by the door.

Reminding myself of how Harper greets me I run back to the couch, and yell, "coming." When I get back to the door my dad and Dani all move back to the living room realizing how weird it would be if they were right by the door.

"Hey," I say as I slowly open the door, to no one and just a package.

"Dad your book came," I say bitterly picking up the amazon manilla package.

"Really they said it was coming next week." A smile spreads across his face as he grabs his cookbook out of my hands. At least now his book's arrival has put him in a good mood.

After 5 minutes of my dad brutally tearing open his package while Sawyer tries to fit her whole hand in her mouth Ziyah text me saying he's here.

Beating the record of anyone who's ever quickly walked up our stairs, and avoided talking to crazy 40 year old Priscilla, seconds later a knock hits the door.

I do the same routine as last time except this time when I open the door Ziyah is standing in front of me in a zipped up blue nike jacket and jeans. I wasn't paying attention to what he was wearing in 5th period, but I could've sworn it was some supreme t shirt.

"Hi." Unlike other girls who would blush uncontrollably out of nervousness at the sight of a boy in front of their home, I just feel content, and kinda in the mood to move one of his dreads out of his face.