52| Not good enough

Ziyah's POV
Even though Daya's here my mom is following her routine of locking herself in her room for a business call. I don't mind one bit since she's been talking Daya's ear off and saying shit she sure as hell knows is meant to be private. Angela followed her lead, but she's now in her room playing candy land with Sofia leaving me alone with Daya in the living room.

We're on on the sofa watching reruns of friends, but I'm not paying attention to a thing these white mother fuckers say because I'm stealing looks at Daya who's beautiful as fuck which is normal for her. She's like on another level today and it's probably because she's in my house and fits in like I expected her to.

Daya turns to me as the commercials come up. "Can we watch something else?" She asks the question I was low key afraid to say so softly.

"For sure." I grab the remote and hand it to her making her face light up some more. She scrolls through and I don't know how she does it, but she picks my favorite white 90s show, Reba.

"Are you good with this?" She asks.

I nod. "Mhmm this is my shit." Something I will only admit to her.

We watch for a little bit, and then Daya turns to me with shock all over her face. "I get why you like Reba."

"Hmm, why?"

"Because It's literally your life. Single mother whose oldest has a baby, she has three kids, two girls one boy. You're jake!" Damn she hit that one right on the nose. That's the truth, the show is the white Texas version of my life, and Daya has to be the only person I know who watches the show making me like her and her thick glasses more. I've had little flings and shit through freshman and sophomore year with girls Lucas set me up with, but they were nothing like this. None of those girls could compare to Daya, and I sure as hell wouldn't spend hours drawing them.

"It's your life too," I say and her face scrunches up in that cute way I like.

"How?" I don't want to point out the similarities, and saving me from doing so I see the lightbulb go off in her head. "Mom with three kids, dad has a baby with another woman, that's why I like tv it takes away the bad parts or emphasizes them to make them funny and watchable."

"Yeah."

We watch Reba for some minutes, and sure I like the show and all, but really I don't want to stare at a screen when I'm with Daya. I'm also not capable of staring at the screen when I'm with her and end up looking at her.

"What?" She asks in her little soft voice when she catches my dumb ass staring at her. Shit I don't feel bad though, she's my girl, she looks hot, and I want to look at her.

"Nothing i'm just glad you're here." That big old smile comes across her face.

"I'm glad I'm here too," she says and lays her head on my shoulder. She really loves my shoulder for some reason, but I don't care as I can now smell more of her coconut scent. Damn that's nice.
Out of nowhere a random question comes to me, one that kind of makes me sound like a bitch. "So what did you and my mom talk about?"

"Me," she says. Shit she's going to make me work for this one.

"What about you?" Daya lifts her head off of my shoulder to look at me more.

"Just about me and my mom, and my energy." I should've saw that coming, my mom loves feeling people's energies and running around the house with sage. Being that she does have a thing for this I'd have to say her and Daya's conversation probably revolved around Daya's mom's or as she introduced herself Ms.Price's tense energy that I caught onto real quick. That could just be me though.