19| Her butt is showing

This part is short sorry
After a period of trying not to smile or look at Ziyah too much even when we talked I head to the tennis courts. The girls have finally lost and our no longer competing so today I'll have to hit with them which is pretty similar to hitting with a wall. I feel like I owe it to them to say Ziyah kissed me, but then again their advice wasn't all that. They didn't deserve to know about my life anyway, and hitting me right in the side without a warning sign proves it.

Minutes after the bell rings and I'm a bit disappointed that Ziyah didn't walk me to the fence, I head to the elementary school for the most chaotic hours of my week.

Today what really should've been just a chill Monday where I got my first kiss also happens to be a field trip day for the after school program. Not a field trip like an amusement park with a bus and money for dippin' dots, but a walking field trip to the high school so the kids can see their future.

"I need my bear Sugar!" Katherine says louder than she's ever spoken before just as Astrid is about to open the door.

"Oh my god," David whines and slaps his hand on his forehead.

It took 14 minutes to get the kids in a straight line where I stand at the back holding Sascha P's hand and Astrid is in the front holding Beatrice. Now Katherine who is literally the middle person in the line is running to the cubbies and Sofia has already continued the domino effect that's going to keep us here.

"Do I need my jacket?" She asks removing her hands from both of the Sashca's and stepping out of the line to look at me.

"Yes get it just in case." I should've just told her no, but she's wearing a short sleeve and shorts so her denim jacket will protect her from the light breeze outside.

When everyone has gotten everything they need Astrid opens the door and like a mother duckling leads all of us who are hand in hand out of the door. While I don't think this trip is anywhere near necessary the clear blue sky and changing leaves make the day perfect for a walk.

The day is so nice Astrid is even smiling and her jet black hair is flowing in the wind instead of in its usual ponytail. The kids even though they are restricted by holding each other's hands have big smiles on their faces and are acting like they have never seen cars drive by or squirrels run up trees.

Still in our same line formation Astrid leads us into the back of Marina High School where the kid's first sight is the red track and football field.

"Eww why don't those boys have a shirt on!"Bella squeals and covers her eyes with her hand.

"Why are there boxes on their stomachs!" Sascha F adds. All of the girls turn their heads from the field like they've seen a murder except for Astrid and I who take a quick gaze at Chase as he sprints down the field. My gaze is broken when Vince enters the spotlight I had monetarily put on Chase and tackles him for the football breezing through the air.

"That's your brother Vince right Daya?" Astrid asks making me officially turn away from the shirtless team. Great, she remembers him from that one time he  picked me up.

"Yep." With that word she takes in a breath. I scrunch up my face at her lust for the person who used to try and fart with his armpits. So gross

Astrid finally stops being my boss and lets me lead the kids around campus which is pretty much empty. Aside from the comments about why the lockers aren't decorated the kids seem to enjoy the school and the feeling of not being stuffy in a bungalow. I'm sure this enjoyment comes from it being their first time here, and not going here everyday.

Before we officially depart from the school Astrid forces everyone to use the bathroom after she realizes she has to go. While they all crowd the small dirty bathroom in the back of the school, I stand outside the boys bathroom where David is in criticizing how dirty it is.

"Daya!" The voice  I never really want to hear shouts. Approaching me is Unna and to my surprise she's without her little group.

Unlike the whole day she isn't wearing lululemon leggings that sculpt her perfectly shaped butt, and is instead in the shortest spandex shorts with her feet in socks and slides. To really let me or anyone else know she's about to go to volleyball practice she has her practice bag over her stomach.

"Hey Unna."

"So are you like dating that dread head guy in French." Classic Unna doesn't hesitate to get to the point.

"No we're just friends." For now at least. If I was some amazing poet I would describe our relationship as a seed that's waiting to see if it has the proper conditions to grow.

"Really someone told me she saw you two smiling in the hallway."

"I see you and Fernando smile in the hallway all the time too."

"Sure but I already got a man ."  I don't know too much about Unna's life but she's been with this senior blonde since the start of the school. He's one of those skater boys, and I swear whenever I see them together I can just feel the sexual tension even when Unna isn't resting on his lap.

"Well Ziyah and I are definitely not like you and your man."

"Ooh honey I didn't you say guys were. My man and I are like the hot couple and if you stopped being a little girl you and Ziyah could be the, I don't know you guys could be the glasses couple."Glasses couple the fuck?

"I like riding solo Unna." Damn that sounded like I was talking about masturbating. 

"Mhmm whatever you guys would be cute."

"Who would be cute?" Sascha storms out of the bathroom and looks Unna up and down after she pulls her skirt out of her butt. She has her arms crossed and is matching Unna's level of attitude in her pink light up sketchers.

"Aww Daya is this your sister?" Unna does a little wave to Sascha, but she doesn't reciprocate.

"No Daya's sister is taller and in 5th grade." Sashca snaps back.

"Then who are you?" Unna bends a little to meet Sascha's level, but Sascha doesn't seem to be the one to mess with right now as she cocks her head to the side.

"I'm Sascha, Sash if you're nice." You go girl, but no one calls you sash.

"Ok, I'm Unna."

"That's a name right there."
Unna looks from Sascha to me then back down at Sascha who still has her arms crossed.

"Mhmm bye Daya." Unna walks away and Sascha immediately smiles.

"Her butt is showing!" She shouts and points to Unna who already has her earbuds in.

"I know Sascha I know."