18| Little Debbie's

After rushing in late due to classic Los Angeles traffic I settle in the back of the class as my usual desk is being used for someone who is retaking the triangle test from last week.

Not even really paying attention to my surroundings I turn to my side to see Dylan with his head laying on his world history textbook.

Harper must've gotten to him with her depressing post break up voodoo that has been dragging me over to her house pretty often. He's dressed in his blue football hoodie that is covering his curls with black joggers. Completing the, "it's not my day look," his feet are comfortable in white socks and nike slides.

He's not even showing off how smart he is by doing the parallelogram worksheet and instead is shamelessly scrolling through his phone.

While Destiny's comment about him looking like Vince still rots in my brain, Dylan still has a bit of attractiveness to him. An attractiveness that's different from Ziyah's cuteness but very similar to Chase's burning good looks.

When Dylan catches my stare he continues to scroll, but moves his phone so I can have more of a view of his somber face.

"Are you okay?" I mouth so I'm not competing with My teacher's  lecture about using colors to find the transversal.

Scaring me just a little he turns his whole body in his seat to face me. His eyebrows furrow and he squints in disgust making me scoot closer to the wall on the other side of me.

"What the fuck how could I be gay? I have the most bodies of the football team," he hisses and raises his head from his arm.

Surprised that he is serious I do a once over of his pissed expression while he shakes his head with a clear furious smile. From this day on I will never mouth anything again, especially to a guy who's really in tune with his masculinity.

"I asked are you okay." My spaced out words slowly make him raise his eyes from his white socks and calm down his dramatic eyebrows.

"Nah me and my girl broke up." Yesterday I would've been ecstatic at this news. But now the only thought crossing my mind is, I wonder why. The right response would be I'm sorry, but he lost his right to that when he misinterpreted my words.

"Passion twists?"

"What she took those out a week ago."

"Oh," I murmur.

Dylan goes back to sulking and scrolling through his phone not filling me in on the breakup which I've been thinking about possible outcomes. Really there is only one outcome- Dylan cheating on her, but I've thought of several situations on how she found out. All of which end in him getting slapped across his depressed face while the girl he's with tries to cover her breast in shock.

Destiny's eyes meet mine from across the room and knock out my many Dylan inspired thoughts. She gives me that knowing look with a raise of her eyebrows, and a smile across her honey brown cheeks directed at Dylan who is oblivious as he scrolls through snapchat.

For the rest of the period his sulking continues distracting me from doing work. Instead of paying attention I take advantage of sitting in the back and read my book on writing a good movie for dummies.

Second period goes by just as fast accept Dylan sits across the room so his sulking doesn't effect me. The  nutrition first rings I hurry over to my locker and grab my apple slices quickly so no dirt patches appear on my knees for bending down to long.

I'm about to make my way down the hall to the girl's bathroom to fix my half ponytail, but the sight of Chase and Laia flirting against someone's locker doesn't stop my pace, but instead makes me go faster.