36|Another Party

My mom drops me off at Vicki's place with a big smile and no questions about if Vicki's mom will be staying. I walk as slow as possible up the stairs to Vicki's floor and Beyonce's voice booms through the walls of Vicki's apartment.

Shoulders sideways, smack it, smack it, in the air, Legs moving side to side smack it in the air, Legs moving side to side smack it in the air, Smack it, smack it in the air.

I did sleepover one time at Harper's when Dani was born, but we were 5 then,  I'm at a real highschool sleepover which I've only seen on tv shows and movies. My fist barely makes a noise on the door and I can't stop fidgeting with my hands. Along with the booming music that's destined to get Vicki evicted the sound of footsteps become apparent.

The door swings open and Vicki stands in front of me smiling. She's not in the expected matching pajama set I'd thought she would be in, instead she's in a black romper and matching flip flop sandals. The necklace Vince gave her is still apparent spring her neck making me smile.

"Daya you're here good," she says as the music still plays. "Were going out by the way." she leads me into her apartment that's not like the last time I saw it and back to it's messy state.

"Where?" I ask. I have a real baby face and no fake ID so that limits our options.

"Daya your here!" Jada screams and runs out of the bathroom. She's also not ready to braid hair into French braids and have a pillow fight either and is wearing the same tight bright orange dress she wore to homecoming. Yup we're going out.

"To a party," Vicki answers and turns off the music. They both look ready to go to this party but are still dabbing makeup on their faces at Vicki's dining table. I stand close to the door watching them and I'm pretty sure they've forgotten all about me as they exchange makeup palettes. Vicki does some last touches on her highlight then remembers I'm standing here playing I spy with all of the clothes on the floor. I spy something indigo, is it Vicki's push up bra, yes it is.

"Daya let me take this off your hands," Vicki says and grabs my duffel bag. Oh boy here it comes. "Wait is this a Hannah Montana bag?" She holds the bag in front of her and burst into laughter when her eyes meet Miley's. I force a smile on my face, and watch Vicki do a 360 observation of the bag that has "The Best of The Both Worlds," written in a huge font.

"It was the only one I had," I shrug.

"Aww Daya its cute." For such a cute bag Vicki just runs and throws it in her room which I could've done in the 5 minutes I've been here. While Jada covers herself in lotion  Vicki comes back from her room with a piece of clothing in her hand and she stands in front of me eyeing my casual jeans and t shirt ensemble. "Daya you know this would look really hot on you!" She holds up a light pink crop top that I'm convinced is a bra in disguise. It has buttons so anyone can come up to me and start undressing me, it's also december I don't need to look hot, but warm.

"Uhh I don't have a jacket." I spread out my bare hairy blonde arms. Vicki turns around to the coat hanger that's struggling to hold the billions of coats and sweaters that have been thrown on it. In a matter of minutes my green camo shirt is on the couch with Vicki's clothes and I'm wearing the pink crop top with one of Vicki's black jackets as we head out the door.

I have no clue what party we're going to, but Lauryn whines and takes 4 tries to start.

In less than 15 minutes we're parked in front of some house that has people socializing with cups on the lawn.We get out of the car and Vicki and Jada strut in front of me while I try to hide behind them. The music blasts louder than at Sage's house and the weed and alcohol smell is way stronger and more apparent when we walk through the door. I follow Vicki and Jada and squish past numerous moving bodies grinding up on one another until they have found four girls they know who are dancing in a group.