Thirty

The council office felt so quiet after the meeting but it wasn't completely empty. Jennie sat on the couch while Jisoo stood in front of her with a glare on her eyes, arms crossed over her chest.

"What?" that was what came out from Jennie's mouth after being stared by the girl in front of her.

"What happened with 'don't give Rosie a hope' that we agreed on before?"

"Oh," Jennie took a deep breath before she leaned backward against the couch which surprisingly felt comfortable. "I am planning to tell her about me dating Lisa. That we have mutual feelings which we can't hide it from her anymore. That's why I think we need to be alone and good timing she offers to go out this Sunday."

Hearing Jennie's explanation, Jisoo finally dropped both her hands to her side. A relief was clearly shown on her face. "Good." That was her short response. "But how about Lisa? I saw her leaving without even saying anything to you. I think you need to talk to her."

"I will talk to her. You don't need to tell me that."

In the following day, Lisa sat on the bleachers, alone. Yesterday after the meeting, she left in rush without even saying anything to Jennie. She knew Jennie saw her leaving and she kind of hoping that Jennie would chase after her and explained about the event happened earlier but she never did. Jennie didn't contact her at all after that which worried her a lot. She began to think that she had upset the older girl by leaving in rush and now that she gave her the silent treatment as a punishment. Lisa kept glancing at her phone and wanted to call Jennie. She was hurt and sad but at the same time she wanted to apologize. She was more scared that Jennie would be angry at her.

With the courage she had left despite being hurt, Lisa started to dial Jennie's numbers. It kept ringing for a few second and it already made Lisa felt anxious.

"Hello," Jennie finally answered and Lisa let out a relief breath quietly.

Lisa bit her lips not knowing what to say, she was ready to apologize but somehow the words were stuck in her throat; they wouldn't come out.

Both remained in silent and Lisa could only feel the steady breath across her phone. She felt a warm yet wet touch on her left cheek. She looked up, phone still attached to her right ear and found Jennie already sat next to her. Lisa's eyes widen as Jennie just kissed her cheek. She was slightly blushing. Jennie put her phone to her pocket and held Lisa's free hand which dropped on her side. Lisa then did the same, she put her phone inside her pocket and looked at Jennie.

"I am sorry," they both looked surprised since they said it at the same time. Lisa let out a light chuckle.

"Why are you sorry for?" Jennie asked half laughing. "I am sorry, Lisa. I didn't contact you yesterday. I was thinking about how I explained this to you and not to hurt you." Jennie's grip on Lisa's got tightened. Lisa listened to her carefully, eyes never left her.

"I am going to tell her about us. And I think going with her would be a perfect timing to do it. So please don't worry, okay? Trust me it's gonna be alright." Jennie for a second looked nervous. She was scared she had hurt the girl in front of her which was the last thing she would ever do.

Lisa looked down to the ground, thinking of what to say. She felt guilty for slightly thinking Jennie had hurt her right in front of her in which she didn't. She did it for their relationship and to end this secret. Lisa felt she should have been involved in this too since Rosie was her first friend and felt doubt to have Jennie alone to solve this.

"I want to tell her too. Rosie is my first friend and I feel like it would be fitting if it was me who told her." Lisa said while looking at Jennie.