Chapter 35

7 Years ago.

A little girl closed her mouth, trying to play this sick game of hide and seek. Samantha quivered in fear, wishing that all of this would just be a dream. The little girl just wanted her to just disappear.

To vanish and be gone forever.

But little Samantha is always unfortunate. The little girl was stupid enough to think that she could hide away from her.

No, she always find Samantha.

It's her game of hide and seek. It will be normal at first, Samantha would hide and she would seek but she always win the game.

And whenever she win, there's always her punishment.

As she found Samantha, she stared down at her, her eyes glowing with amusement. Samantha couldn't help but let out a helpless yelp when she suddenly pull her by the hair. Samantha let out cry of pain as she begged her to stop. It was useless. Her cries were nothing to her. The little girl just wants her to stop.

But little Samantha know that she would never stop.

No, she will never disappear. She will never go away. She will never leave her alone. She would be here to make her life miserable and traumatizing.

She will hunt Samantha, maybe even in her dreams too.

Samantha cried again when her hair was pulled. It was pure torture for the little child. And there was no one to hear her cries or pleas.

"Let's play the game, brat."

Samantha always hated that word. Whenever she would say it, there would always be hatred and venom lacing in her tone and Samantha is sick of it. It's not true—She's not a brat. She's a good kid.

She's a great kid, right?

"I don't wanna!" Samantha sobbed, desperately trying to remove her grip from her hair.

It was useless.

"Please...!" The little kid's voice trembled with desperation. Her eyes were warily eyeing the swimming pool.

Samantha hate this stupid game.

Little Samantha hates it so much that she wish that she could just walk in a hot scorching dessert than play this game. It's also Sam's punishment for losing the game.

It made her weak and desperate.

It even made Samantha think about death sometimes.

The game is 'Stay afloat.'

The game was simple. All you got to do was try not drown. It would go on for who knows how long and the game will only stop if she gets bored with this 'game.' Actually, it will stop when Samantha will almost go unconscious because of tiredness that always seep into her bones.

There was no one to help Samantha.

There was no one to comfort her when she cries afterwards.

She would just choke and try to take in as much as air as she could get.

"I don't wanna!" Samantha cried desperately, trying to back away from the pool but that lady tightened her hold on Samantha's hair. "Please! Please!  I don't want to go! Don't make me go!"

"Shut up." She hissed angrily at her. Samantha cowered in fear. She was trembling in terror as the familiar grin made its way through her lips. It was horrifying and Samantha know what will happen next.