Chapter 39

Daniel's Pov

There are some things that are needed to be kept a secret or the you'll hurt the one that are close to your heart because of it.

But we do that because we just want them to be safe. Some secrets hurt other people and that is why we keep them. It's just something that other people had to do.

It was something that we all had to do.

Now, the thing is, this is probably why I hate miscalculations. I thought that Samantha won't be able to remember the things that she's not suppose to remember but she did and that was on us. It was out fault for that. I know that ignoring a problem would become a bigger problem in the future but do you think that a person can face those problems if they are scared and frightened?

Of course not.

It's because of fear. You'll just froze up when you're feeling the cold and unforgiving fear that just travels throughout of our veins like pests. The 'what ifs' and the consequences of our actions was punishment itself for us.

When my brother asked me if I am blaming myself, I just immidiately paused for a moment and I look at the siblings with pain blooming in my chest. The sight of the brothers worrying for Samantha was heartwarming but it also made me so damn guilty. The Samantha that I have come to know was this hardworking child that was determined to please me, an arrogant prick, and that made me feel even more guiltier. She wants me to like her even after I have mistreated her, even after I was talking bad things about her.

The Sam that was so lively before is now sleeping in a hospital bed with dark bags under her eyes, her state looks worse and she looks like she's in so much pain but was just trying to conceal it as much as possible.

And I do blame myself and I swear that we'll try to do this right.

I was surprised when I saw Xendrix crying, even if it was only for a short moment. He's the type of person who's having a hard time to show his soft side and when Jayden accused him for all of this, I was beyond mad, I was completely shaking with fury. But Xendrix handled it so well and I just felt ashamed all of a sudden.

My younger brother was willing to admit his mistakes, while here I am, my pride is too high for me to admit what I've done. I know that I have a fault in this. I've also made a mistake but the other part of me, the prideful, arrogant side of me, was blaming the brothers for this. It's saying that the brothers were too careless and reckless in taking care of Samantha. They're not responsible enough. They are not enough.

But who was I to tell them?

It was also my fault. I treated her like crap. I didn't properly give her the answers to her questions so if my brother is trying to pay up for his mistakes then I'll also try.

I'll pay up for my mistakes as well.

Isaac's Pov

"What do you mean you can't be here?"

"I'm sorry baby but... We're a bit busy here..." Mom said, sounding really apologetic and guilty over the phone. She sounded sincere but it wasn't enough to lift up my spirits.

Or anyone's spirits.

On normal occasions, I would've said that it was okay but this is Sam we're dealing with and she's in a problem where it could go deeper and get worse.

"Your work is more important than Sam, mom?" I said in frustration, my voice raising because of desperation.

"You must understand that there are some things that you won't understand, Isaac." Mom scolded on the other line, sounding offended.

"You always say that." I barked. Can't they just visit Sam and comfort her? Because for the last few years they were pretty cold and even though Sam doesn't show it, she actually feels very upset with that and now, she needs them.

"Isaac it's--"

"You guys are always at work! I understand what's complicated in life, I understand most of the adult's problems and that is because I forced myself to understand and that is also because you and dad weren't there to teach me, mom! " Isaac pinched the bridge of his nose, trying not to be emotional in this situation. "You were not there for me or for my brothers when we needed you and dad the most but could you at least be there for Sam when she now needs you two the most?"

There was silence on the other line and I let out a shaky sigh. Sam needs all the support that she could get and I don't want her to feel stressed even more because Sam's been through enough for me. This is my responsibility.

I know that I'm a failure as a brother but I'm trying to put things right.

"She's remembering and I just..." I huff out a breath, leaning against the wall. "...Don't know how to deal with that, mom... Sam's not getting enough sleep, she looks weak and she's not eating well too, and... It's—she's getting worse and it's my fault for that. It was my responsibility and I failed, now she's in this f*cking hospital, you know how she hates hospitals mom, I know that and... I just feel like crap... I'm a big failure as a brother. This is all my fault... "

This is all my fault. If I just acted like a brother than a coward then Sam wouldn't be here. She is my responsibility, she is under my care and I all failed that. How do you think that makes me feel? It's like her future was in my hands and that feels so heavy and it's so frightening for me.

She is the one who I held when she was just only a newborn baby and I've seen her grow and seeing her in this situation makes me feel so mad at myself. This was my fault was what I thought.

"Isaac, you're not a failure." Mom said firmly. "You did what a big brother should be. We're the one that should feel ashamed... We're leaving all the responsibility to you and I know that it affected you greatly, I know, and that's our fault. The one who's a failure was us, do you understand me?" Mom paused for a second before continuing. "We're coming there as fast as lightning, we'll be there for her, sweetheart. We'll try and do this together, okay?"

"Okay... " I mumbled, looking at the ceiling as I ended the call with a heavy sigh.

Okay. I though after a while. All we got to do is just be there for Sam.

______________________________________

What do you guys think?

So sorry for any mistakes here and I'm thankful that you guys are patient! Thank you so much!!♥♥

Hope you guys enjoyed this point of view. I felt the need to do Daniel's point of view, see what he feels in this situation and you guys are wondering where Sam's parents are so ...yeah!

Hope you guys enjoyed it!