Chapter 49

Gabriel took another step closer, his eyes burned with amusement and passion as he stared deeply at me. It sent me shivering down my spine.

Oh, here we go.

I just stood there, waiting for him to come closer. To feel his warm breath fan my skin once again with every pounding beat in our hearts. The intro of the song Señorita has started to play into the speakers as he walk closer to me in a slow, seductive way that makes me want to just stare at him because he's mesmerizing, and at the same time, laugh because of it.

He took a step closer.

Then closer.

Closer until we were face to face. He stared deeply into my eyes and there were so many emotions circling that I didn't have time to determine what those emotions were.

Closer until his hands reached mine. It was warm and I intertwined mine with his. It felt... Fine, I guess.

Fine? Was it really just fine, Sam?

"Why?" I whispered, pulling him closer to me. He was so warm. So gentle. His touch was like on fire. It's something that suddenly made me feel comfortable and secured.

Everything around us was a blur, my only focus was him and him alone.

He chuckled in response. "Lil' Stones." He huskily called out making me suck in my breath.

That's not fair.

I glared but I know that couldn't stay mad at him. "Answer me, Briel." I whispered his nickname and smirked when I saw him smiling fondly at this.

"I chose you... " Ha answered. "I chose you as a partner because...."

Because?

Gabriel suddenly twirled me around, placing his hand on my hips, this sudden action surprised me and I glared at him in annoyance.

"I need a dance partner." Gabriel answered simply with a smug grin plastered on his face as he twirled me again.

"I know that." I huffed as we swayed to the beat of the music. "I'm just asking why you, the famous, bad boy slash idiot, picked me. There's plenty of girls out there, Briel."

"But none of them are like you." Gabriel smirked. "None of them is the Samantha Stones, y'know."

See that? He didn't say her name. He didn't call me Lydia. For me, I'm grateful. Because I still flinch at that name. I still want to remove it like it's some bug. I still want to close my eyes and be somewhere other than here or the house.

After everything that has happened, I think I need some time to think everything through. Take it all in or something like that. I haven't completely forgotten about those problems, those incidents, those mistakes so it still hurts but not as much as before. I feel lighter than I've ever felt in days.

My family's starting to be honest with me too. They're doing all sorts of stuff that makes me feel like I'm getting spoiled by them. They're asking me questions that makes me irritated sometimes but at least they're trying, right?

I just feel like I don't deserve that attention. I feel like I'm wasting their time or maybe it's just the insecurity talking. Still too many questions that keeps me up at night but at least I'm getting better.

Or I think that's where I am right now. Getting the help that I need and all that shazzaz.

And now, I got suddenly dragged into this because of Hayley and Leo. They said that I should get into the more 'calm and peaceful' side and said that this was the answer.