07. Origins of a devil.

Season 2 Episode 19: Originals Of A Devil.

England 1492

Inside of a large mansions a party is underway. The room is filled with guests talking to each other. Trevor, one of Elijah's vampires, is talking to a woman. Trevor walks over to Elijah once he spots the Original.

"Ah, good evening, Trevor. I am pleased you could join us." Elijah greets.

"I could not miss the birthday celebration."

"No, considering the gift you claim to bear. Where is this mystery girl of which you speak?"

"Right this way." Elijah follows Trevor and together they reach where Katherine, Katerina, was standing.

"My dear." Katerina turns.

"Hello." Elijah goes into shock. "Forgive me. You remind me of someone."

"Katerina, may I introduce the lord Elijah." Elijah holds out his hand and Katerina takes it and curtsies.

"Pleasure, my lord."

"The pleasure's mine. Katerina." Elijah kisses her hand.

••••••
Present day

Elijah closes his eyes and Elena gets closer. Elijah's body begins to spasm and amber shoots up, gasping for air. "I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" Elijah rushes to the door but he slams into the doorway. Elena rushes over and helps him up. "I can't...I can't be in this house."

"You're not invited in."

"Then get me out of here." He slams into another wall before he disappears. Elena runs after him and goes to the front door. Elijah is outside, catching his breath. Elijah gets up and rushes at her but he's stopped by the barrier.

"What happened." Elena shushes him and shows him that Stefan and Damon could hear him.

"I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?" Elena whispers and Elijah does as well.

"Can I trust you?" Elena holds out the dagger and Elijah takes it. Elena and Elijah leave.

••••••

Klaus was standing at the door with Maddox. Katherine is making coffee and Lilith is sharpening her nails. "I'll be back as soon as I can." Lilith looked up as Maddox spoke but she quickly looked down, uninterested.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get." Maddox leaves and Klaus closes the door.

"Where is he going?" Katherine looked up from her coffee and hands one to Klaus.

"To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do." Lilith laughs and takes Klaus' coffee from him, sitting back down.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?"

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us." Klaus sets the moonstone in the table. "I've killed the witch, I have the moon stone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse."