13. Memory Lane.

Season 3 Episode 3: The End Of The Affair

Lilith lets out a quiet moan of relief when she finally steps out of the car into the cold Chicago air. Lilith lifts her arms and stretches. Klaus, using this as an opportunity, wraps his strong arms around Lilith's waist. Lilith sighs and leans into Klaus' lean chest. Lilith turns her head when Stefan closes his car door.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus says as the vampire looks around. Klaus sets his chin on Lilith's shoulder after speaking.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks. Stefan faces the married Mikaelson couple and even after seeing them wrapped around each other the whole summer can't get used to the betrayal that always flashes inside his heart when he sees Lilith with Klaus. He trusted her and it was all a big lie. Stefan hates it.

"You loved it here, Stefan, and all the lovely days as the Ripper. Mmmm the memories are fantastic." Lilith drawls with a smile as she remembered the old times.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus said with a grin, all teeth. "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

•••••••
Chicago 1920

Stefan enters a bar and looks around. The crowd was wild, men drinking and woman dancing, it was intoxicating. Stefan walks around until he sees the stage, the owner recognizing him immediately. "Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?" Stefan gives a crooked smile in her direction.

"Save me a dance, Gloria." Gloria smiles before getting back to her girls. Stefan was about to grab a glass when a woman suddenly grabbed it. Stefan faced her. The woman was beautiful with her blond hair intricately done, blue eyes sparkling, and pale skin glowing.

"Ooh. Please, help yourself." Stefan says with a smirk. The woman matches it with one of her own.

"Oh, I always do." The woman walks closer and whispers in his hear. "Careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date. She's lovely." The woman turns to leave big Stefan grabs her arm.

"No, no, no. Who are you?" Stefan asks. She puts her first finger to her lips to tell him to be quiet. She walks away, disappearing into the crowd.

••••••
Present Day

"Chicago was magical." Klaus says as he spins Lilith around in an old dance. The brunette laughed as the spin ended.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan rolled his eyes at the couples theatrics.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus asks.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"Oh, Stefan, we're going to see our favorite witch!" Lilith laughs and gives Stefan a huge grin. Stefan shudders slightly at the grin. Only Lilith Mikaelson could pull off being equally beautiful and terrifying at the same time.