11. Just a Little Torture.

Season 3 Episode 1: The Birthday

In the hot state of Tennessee a young woman was standing on her porch. "Rudy!" The woman whistles. "Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you." The woman bends down to grab a toy. She turns around and comes face-to-face with Klaus and Lilith.

"I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you." Lilith grabs Klaus' arm and smiles at the woman.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. I feel like we've been walking forever, yours is the first house we come to so we were just hoping to use use your phone?" Lilith answered, voice dripping with fake sadness and exhaustion.

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Battery died. Look, I promise we're not serial killers. We just wanna use your phone." Klaus pulled out his phone and Lilith smirked behind her hair.

"Sure." The woman sighed.

"Soo, can we come in?" Lilith asked.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." Lilith rolled her eyes while Klaus growled lowly.

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus said, annoyance filling every syllable.

"So did I." Lilith agreed and steps forward slightly.

"I'm from Florida." Lilith smirked.

"Well, that explains it." Klaus sped forward and grabs the woman's throat. He begins to compel her. "Now show us a little southern hospitality, Sweet pea." Lilith's eyes flash and she winked at the woman. The woman leads Klaus and Lilith into the house where they see another woman cooking.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." The second woman says before she turns around. She watches as Lilith steps into the kitchen, Klaus following behind her with his hand around the first woman's throat. The woman is sobbing. "What's going on?" The second woman questions.

"Don's be alarmed, sweetie, I was told Ray Sutton lives here." Lilith sweetly says as she circles the woman. The brunette can hear the other woman's heartbeat beating wildly around in her chest. The sound is intoxicating.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly." The woman tried to sound confident but Lilith could hear her voice shaking.

"But I expect he makes it home once a month." The woman shifts. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" Klaus asked, tightening his grip on the first woman's neck. The other woman doesn't answer so he nods at Lilith. The brunette grabs the woman's hair and pulls. She screams.

"If you don't answer I have to make you tell me and it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. What's your choice, honey?" Lilith whispers into the woman's ear. The woman screams once more and runs. She opens the front door but she's blocked by Stefan. Lilith and Klaus walk up behind her, she's now trapped between three apex predators.

"I love it when they run!" Lilith giggles playfully as she stalks forward. Klaus watches in amusement as his wife has some fun toying with their prey.

"He's in Toll. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's on Highway 41." The woman gives up and Lilith smiled, job well done.