43. Familair Faces.

Season 4 Episode 20: The Originals

Hypnotic brown eyes rapidly scanned the busy streets as Lilith Mikaelson breathed in the air of her old home. New Orleans. It's been a century since the brunette has stepped foot into the city and she would admit that she's missed it. She's missed it a lot.

Klaus was having a similar feeling.

It was weird being back, memories of a time long passed rushing to the front of their minds. Memories of people and places filtered through unrestrained. Lilith didn't mind much. "Do you see her yet, Klaus?" Lilith asked as she paused in the center of the busy streets.

"She's over there, love." Klaus pointed towards a table where an older woman was sitting. Alone. Lilith smiled, pleased, and started to wander towards the witch they'd been looking for. Her name was Agnes. Klaus and Lilith practically glided over to the witch and the reveled in the slightly unnerved expression on her face when she noticed the couple.

"Good afternoon. Time for two more?" Klaus greeted with a grin as he sat down. Lilith collapsed into the chair next to him, giving the witch her signature finger wave and devious, red lipped, smirk. Agnes looked displeased.

"I have nothing to say to you." Agnes kept her voice hard and controlled. Lilith's smirk grew.

"That's not very nice," Lilith pouted, "you don't even know us."

"I know what you are." Agnes glanced towards Klaus. "Half-vampire, half-beast. You're the hybrid," Agnes turned her stare to the brunette. "And you're the snake."

Lilith let out a little hiss, tongue flying through the air. Klaus gave a barley heard growl, eyes turning their hybrid amber.

"I'm the Original hybrid, actually, and she's a queen, but that's a long story for another time." Klaus grinned at the old witch before his face became serious. "I'm looking for someone, a witch. Perhaps you might be able to help me find her. Jane-Anne Deveraux."

Agnes flinched and jumped at the mention of Jane-Anne. "Sorry. I don't know." Agnes was defensive and Lilith picked up on it.

"Well, that is not the answer we wanted, Agnes." Lilith growled lowly and placed her hand upon the witch's. Memories flashed by. "I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of poseurs, so enough with the fabrications. He's got quite a temper and I'm impatient." Klaus and Lilith shared a predatory grin. Agnes tore her hand away from Lilith's.

"Witches don't talk outta school in the Quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules." Lilith's eyes widened, she thought Marcel was dead, but he was leading the city. Lilith didn't know how to feel about that.

"Marcel's rules? Where do you suppose I might find Marcel?" Klaus leaned forward, into Agnes' space. She tried to hold but a sigh escaped her lips.

"There's a bar down the street, Rousseau's, I believe." Agnes bent her head as she spoke. Lilith patted her cheek before she stood, Klaus' hand finding its place with hers.

"Good job, Agnes." Klaus grinned again before pulling Lilith towards the bar Marcel may be in. Agnes let out a breathe she didn't know she was holding.

•••••••

Lilith and Klaus entered the bar and saw Marcel singing on stage. Lilith felt many different emotions rise inside her chest at the sight of the dark skinned male. He looked just as she remembered, just in modern clothes. Lilith smiled internally as she saw the man she practically raised all that time ago.