25. Decade Dance of Pain.

Season 3 Episode 20: Do Not Go Gentle

"I heard there's a decade dance tonight." Lilith said as she sauntered into the room Klaus was currently in. The hybrid looked up from his painting with a smile and he quickly stood up. Lilith walked towards Klaus and once she was in reach Klaus pulled her into his arms. Lilith sighed, content, now that she was back home.

"There is." Klaus replied after the couple stayed in their embrace for a few minutes. Lilith, while staying in Klaus arms, reached up to start playing with the necklaces Klaus always wore.

"Are we going?" Lilith asked, not looking up from the necklaces. Klaus' arms tightened around her waist.

"Sadly." Klaus mumbled. "Rebekah was very adamant that we go or she'll have my head." Lilith chuckled as she pictured Rebekah getting ready to throw something at her brother.

"Well then, I guess we better go raid the closet for an outfit." Lilith said with a smirk and Klaus got the hidden meaning. With a laugh Klaus lifted Lilith into his arms as he sped to their bedroom. They'd find an outfit eventually but for now they needed to make up for lost time.

••••••

Hours later, Klaus and Lilith entered the school gym and saw the dance in full swing. With a grin Lilith pulls Klaus to the dance floor and the hybrid obliges his wife and let's her lead them into the crowd. Klaus and Lilith easily fall into the dance of the people around them. Because Klaus and Lilith lived in the decade of the dance their bodies flowed easily, almost like a ritual. Klaus was grinning as he pulled Lilith close to him in a dip. Dancing was always a magnificent sight for the Mikaelson couple.

"I miss the 20s if I'm being honest." Lilith said with a breathless laugh as Klaus spun her around.

"I do as well, love." Klaus agreed with a smile of his own. Lilith loved when she got Klaus to dance because he seemed to let go of everything and just enjoy the rhythm of their bodies and the sound of the music. He also never took his eyes off of her no matter what was going on around them. Lilith loved it.

Lilith paused in the middle of the dance when something caught her eye. Klaus looked confused and Lilith smirked. "Guess who I just spotted." Lilith said and Klaus turned his head. Klaus smirked as well when he saw was caught Lilith's attention. Tyler was in the gym, slow dancing with Caroline. "Shall we?" Lilith asked as she held out her arm. Klaus chuckled and they started to make their way towards Tyler.

"What is it?" Caroline asks when she notices Tyler looking at something.

"Where've you been mate?" Klaus asked and Caroline turned around. Lilith gave the blond a little finger wave and Caroline gave her the briefest hint of a smile. Before Lilith revealed herself, she and Caroline we're actually good friends, and while their lovers may hate each other they stayed neutral with each other.

"I just got back in town." Tyler said simply.

"That's funny, I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place. You don't mind if I cut in, do you?" Klaus asked with a head tilt and Lilith smiled.

"Yes! Actually we do." Caroline jumped in and the couple looked at her.

"No, it's fine." Tyler said, knowing that it was better to indulge Klaus.