42. A Heads Up.

Season 4 Episode 19: Pictures Of You

There was a bit of a tense air surrounding the table the Mikaelson siblings and Lilith were seated around. It was the first time they've all been together in quite a little while and it was driving Lilith absolutely insane. Rebekah was trying to show why being human was worth it.

"Elijah, being a human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters." Klaus let out a laugh after Rebekah finished her little speech. Lilith only smirked.

"Well, that was poetic." Lilith hummed her agreement to Klaus' words.

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah, ever the defuser and mediator.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure." Lilith's eyes narrowed at the mention of that fateful day. Klaus rubbed the back of her hand.

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side." Rebekah leveled a hard stare at the hybrid.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate." Lilith spoke up, champagne glass in hand. "You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion." Lilith purposely looked at Elijah for that last sentence.

"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died."

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back." Lilith internally smiled at that one, she missed Kol dearly. Finn...not so much.

"Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life." Rebekah's state turned into a glare but Klaus was unaffected.

"I didn't hate Kol." Lilith reminded the female Original. "Finn would've killed himself if he wasn't kept in a box."

"Elijah, please." Klaus and Rebekah both turned to the eldest brother.

"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus. I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness." Elijah kept his tone even.

"Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture." Klaus's face was incredulous. Elijah remained impassive.

"I made my decision." Elijah closed the conversation with only those four words. Klaus swiftly stands and leans down to speak into Rebekah's ear.

"When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me." With that Klaus left the room. Rebekah remains carefully composed as she touches her hair and clears her throat. Lilith sipped her champagne, smile devilish.

"Where is the cure?" Rebekah ignored Klaus' threat and Lilith's smile, focusing on Elijah only.

"Rebekah, it's no secret that you are impulsive, emotional, and at times morally questionable. Prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims, that you know precisely what you are giving up here." Rebekah seemed hurt by Elijah's words but hid it well.

"Yes, Rebekah, can you?" Lilith asked, eyebrow raised. Rebekah shot her a glare. Lilith returned it.

"Fine. Anything." Rebekah agreed, voice ice cold as she wanted to prove herself.