33. Loneliness Is An Old Friend.

Season 4 Episode 9: O Come, All Ye Faithful

Lilith sat with her head on Klaus shoulder as her lover was painting. The brunette was fully relaxed, face peaceful, as it usually was after a feeding. Klaus glanced over at her and gave Lilith a soft smile, one reserved only for her. The smile was full of words and Lilith purred, lifting her head to kiss Klaus' cheek.

She tensed up when someone entered the room but looking to her right she saw Stefan. Lilith watched as the vampire examined Klaus painting. "Looks like a giant snowflake." Lilith hid a chuckle, of course Stefan would only point out the obvious and not look deeper.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." Klaus' words had a smile on them and it made Lilith kiss his shoulder. She lifted her head when Adrian, one of Klaus' hybrids entered the room.

Lilith's keen eyes scanned the hybrid. Ever since the day she killed Chris something seemed off with the hybrids, and it seemed to stem from Hayley coming to town. Lilith kept her thoughts to herself, believing it to be her protective nature, but she was still uneasy.

"You said it was urgent." Adrian stopped in front of klaus.

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Klaus stood, pulling Lilith with him, so Adrian could grab the still drying painting. Lilith leaned into Klaus side as she watched.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Lilith's head tilted curiously. Hybrids obeyed, they didn't question. Klaus stepped towards Adrian, closing the distance between the two.

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude." Adrian grimaces and walks over to the painting. He picks it up and starts to leave the room. "And be careful with that. It's still wet. Adrian said nothing.

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan said from his spot on the stairs.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?" Stefan walks down the stairs and into the room.

"Elena is sired to Damon." Stefan seemed exasperated with that information.

"Yes, we know, it was quite obvious." Lilith smiled at the vampire as she spoke. The brunette lifted her hair from her shoulders and pulled it into a sleek high ponytail. Klaus' eyes immediately seemed drawn to the visible skin of her neck and she preened.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes."

"I've delivered." Klaus walks away and grabs a cloth to wipe the paint off his hands. "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark."

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." Stefan's arms crossed.

"Sounds like quite the chore. Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work."

"Hmm, or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan hummed.