PLANNING

A few minutes later, the gang is gathered together in Keith's hotel room. He has shown them Shiro's message, and they have studied the coordinates. Now they are discussing what to do about all of it.

     "How are we supposed to do this?" Hunk asks. "It sounds like a very long, very complicated trip."

     "The journey may be difficult, but we have to do it," Keith says. "You saw Shiro's message. If we don't go to those coordinates, it could lead to another universal war!"

     "Yeah, and Pidge worked extremely hard on deciphering that code, you know, just by the way," Lance says, sending a subtle wink her way.

     Pidge groans internally and sinks lower into her chair. Why, of all people, did Lance have to find out? She wonders.

     "Yes she did," Keith says slowly. "But it was the last thing Shiro ever left for us. Don't you think we owe it to him?"

     "Hey man, I didn't say I wouldn't go," Hunk replies. "Just that, you know, I'm not totally thrilled about the whole 'rushing off into space' idea."

     "When have you ever been thrilled about rushing off into space?" Lance says.

     "Exactly my point!" Hunk says.

     "So I think we should begin to make preparations immediately," Keith says. "We could be the only ones who can stop a coming war."

     "Do we even know if a war is coming, though?" Hunk asks. "There haven't been any signs or anything. What kind of war is it? Why now?"

     Keith sighs. "I don't know, Hunk! Shiro didn't leave us all the information. But if we go to those coordinates, I'm sure we'll learn everything we need to know."

     Hunk still seems unsure.

     "Oh hey, if anyone wants some snacks for the space road, definitely hit Pidge up," Lance says. "She has the most amazing peanut butter cookies!" He places his arm onto Keith's shoulder and leans against him. "She made them herself, you know. Yep, she can bake now."

     Keith grabs Lance's wrist and shoves his arm off his shoulder

     Keith grabs Lance's wrist and shoves his arm off his shoulder. "Okay, that sounds... great," Keith says.

     Pidge hides her face in her hands. Seriously, Lance?! What was he trying to do, make her die of embarrassment? "I, um, have to go get my things ready" she says as she runs out of the room.

     "Wait Pidge, I'll take some of those cookies!" Hunk shouts, and begins to run after her.

Keith and Lance are now the only two left in the room. "So, how exactly are we gonna do this?" Lance asks.

     What do you mean?" Keith replies. "It's not like this is our first mission."

     Yeah, but before we kind of had giant, fast-traveling lions that could form an even giant-er guy with rocket canons," Lance says. "With the ships available at the Garrison, it'll take us a lot longer than it used to."