VISION

"We have detected some strange energy readings near Venus," Commander Holt said. "We were hoping you could go take a look."

"You know I'm always up for anything," Shiro said. "Just get me a ship and I'll be ready to go."

After preparing for the trip, Shiro hopped into a brand-new Garrison ship. "She's not as fast as the Voltron lions," Commander Holt told him, "but she'll still get you there a lot faster than our old ships."

Shiro nodded with a thumbs-up, and then put his helmet on. After pressing a few controls and pulling a few levers, he had the small ship up in the air and heading out into space. He tried staying on Earth and building a life there for a while, but he just couldn't stay away from the adventure that was always calling to him out there.

"What am I looking for?" He asked over Communications.

"Not sure exactly," Commander Holt responded. "It seems like something just... appeared out of nowhere. Our sensors picked it up, but were unable to identify what it was."

As Shiro approached the intended area, he noticed an unfamiliar figure floating in the distance. As he grew closer, the figure became bigger and bigger... and more terrifying.

"Unbelievable..." Shiro said under his breath.

"What is it?" Commander Holt asked.

"I... I have no idea," Shiro admitted. "It's some kind of huge creature. It looks like a giant bug, with hundreds of legs."

"Hostile?" Commander Holt asked worriedly.

"Dead, I think," Shiro replied. As the ship drew closer, he noticed another figure floating nearby... a much smaller figure.

"Wait, I see something else," Shiro informed Commander Holt. "I think it might be a person!"

"Use your tractor beam to draw them in," Commander Holt said.

Shiro complied, and before long he had the strange purple-skinned person onboard the ship.

"There's no telling how long they've been out there in space," Commander Holt said. "I doubt they're still--"

Suddenly, the person began to cough. Shiro ran to their side, holding their head up.

 Shiro ran to their side, holding their head up

"B-Be careful," The person said weakly. "Those creatures... are dangerous."

"What's going on?" Shiro asked. "What is that thing?"

"They're about to... attack my world," the person continued, fading fast. "You must... use its remaining energy... to teleport to my planet. But only one thing... will defeat them."

"What? What is it?"

"Al...Alt..." They tried to say, eyes fluttering.

"Altea?" Shiro guessed. "Does it have something to do with Alteans?" An idea popped in his head. "Altean alchemy, maybe?"

But the person was already gone, and honestly Shiro was surprised they had lasted that long.

"What was that about?" Commander Holt asked.

"I'm afraid this may turn out to be a longer mission than planned," Shiro replied, staring at the huge creature outside of the ship. "Any idea how to use the 'remaining energy' from this giant bug to teleport my ship?"

The next morning, Lance notices that Allura looks troubled. "Hey, you okay?" He asks.

"Oh," Allura says with a start, Lance having brought her out of her thoughts. "I'm fine, I just had a strange dream last night."

Lance nods understandingly. "I know what you mean. I had a bad dream every night after I lost you... It wasn't fun."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," Allura says, holding his hand. "But it wasn't that kind of dream for me. In fact, I'm not sure it was a dream at all."

"What do you mean?" Lance asks. Then he gasps as a thought dawns on him. "You don't think you had a vision, do you?"

"That's what it seemed like," Allura admits.

"But wait... If you had a vision, wouldn't that mean that, in some way, you might still have some of the same powers or whatever that you had when you were... wherever you were?"

"I'm not sure if I would go that far," Allura says. "But then again, I wouldn't totally count it out either."

"Okay then," Lance says slowly. "So, what was this 'vision' about?"

"I saw Shiro," Allura replies. "If what I saw truly happened, it was when he first discovered the Xeran that warned him about the Mrawls."

"The one that told him about Altean alchemy?" Lance asks.

Allura nods. "But the thing is, if it really happened... I'm not completely convinced that 'Altean alchemy' is what the Xeran was going to say."

"Why's that?"

"I'm not sure, I just have a feeling."

"Well, what else would the Xeran have been saying?"

Allura shakes her head. "I don't know, Lance... To be honest, I just want to forget about it for now."

Lance nods in understanding, and pulls Allura close in an embrace. He has lost track of how many times he has done this ever since they brought her back, but he doesn't care. He missed her so much, he just wishes that he never had to let go of her again. Her chuckle and contented sigh tell him that she doesn't seem to mind.

 Her chuckle and contented sigh tell him that she doesn't seem to mind