STOWAWAY

After Hunk arrives, the four former Paladins and one cosmic wolf are ready to take off. They board Keith's Galra ship, and buckle in as he prepares to launch.

     "Here we go," Keith announces, punching in the coordinates for Altea.

     "Oh no," Hunk says as the ship begins to lift. "Already feeling queasy..."

     Lance and Pidge groan. Keith sighs, but he came prepared. "There are barf bags under everyone's seats," he says.

     "Thank goodness," Hunk says as he whips one out and holds it over his mouth.

     "I thought you had gotten past all this, buddy," Lance says.

     "Nope, nope..." Hunk replies, never removing the bag. "No other ships are as smooth as the yellow lion was. I still get sick every–"

     Everyone moans as Hunk begins to vomit inside the bag. Even Kosmo whimpers and teleports to the back of the ship, in the cargo hold.

     "–time," Hunk finishes his sentence when nothing more will come out. He slouches down into his seat, looking pale.

     Once liftoff is complete, Keith checks his instruments. "We should be about five quintants away from Altea," he says.

     "Is that all?" Pidge asks.

     Keith smiles as he pats the control panel. "I've been working on some upgrades. She can go a lot faster now."

     "Then what are we even going to Altea for?" Lance asks.

     Keith sets his ship on autopilot, and turns around to face Lance. "We already discussed this, we still need a faster ship."

     "And who knows? Maybe Coran has gotten the new Castle of Lions running by now," Pidge adds. "If so, he could have the teleduv working again. That would save us a lot of time."

     Lance remains silent after this, staring out the window at the stars flying by. Keith studies him for a moment, genuinely feeling bad for him. He can't even imagine losing someone he loves as much as Lance loved Allura, and returning to her home planet must be devastating for him. But it's something that must be done, and Keith knows that Lance knows that.

     Suddenly, Kosmo teleports amidst them all again. Only this time, someone has teleported with him. Standing in front of him, her arm outstretched to pat his head, is Veronica McClain.

 Standing in front of him, her arm outstretched to pat his head, is Veronica McClain

     Everyone gasps as Veronica moves her hand away from the wolf. She waves embarrassedly.

     "Veronica?!" Lance shouts, jumping up from his chair. "What the heck are you doing here?!"

     "Well the plan was to still be hidden in the cargo hold," she replies. "But when I saw Kosmo I just had to give him a scratch behind the ears! Unfortunately, I forgot that anyone touching him can also teleport with him..."

     "That doesn't answer my question," Lance says. "What are you doing here, on this ship?!"

     "I followed you," she replies. "I told you I was coming with you!"

     "And I told you no way!"

     "Well, I proved you wrong!"

     Keith finally stands. "Veronica, this mission is very dangerous."

     "I'm well aware," she replies. She steps closer as she adds, "It's not like I'm a stranger to danger."

     Hunk chuckles. "That rhymed," he says. But when he sees the glares he is getting from everyone else, he realizes now is not the best time for kidding around.

     We really don't have time to deal with a stowaway," Keith says to Veronica.

     "I can handle myself," she says. "I'm not like my brother."

     "What's that supposed to mean?" Lance says.

     "Despite his, um... unique personality, Lance can actually be quite capable at times," Keith says.

     "Yeah!" Lance agrees, smirking at his sister. But then he shoots Keith a look. "Wait, 'at times'?"

     Keith shakes his head, but continues to remain focused on Veronica. With a sigh he says, "We don't have time to take you back, so just make sure you don't get in the way."

     "Wouldn't dream of it," Veronica replies with a smile.

     What's with that look she's giving me? Keith wonders. But he turns away and focuses on keeping his ship's instruments in order, not giving it a second thought.