REQUEST

Romelle is excited to have seen the Paladins once again, to have them back here on Altea. Even though it has been quite a while since she saw them last, it's almost as if they never left. That can only happen with true friends, she figures. And she definitely views them all as her true friends.

But as far as friends go, she counted Allura as her best friend. Ever since the moment Keith and Krolia brought her to the old Castle of Lions to meet the princess, she felt a bond with Allura. An almost sisterly bond. She had never had a sister before, but Allura's friendship helped Romelle endure the pain she still feels from the loss of her brother.

She misses her brother dearly. She misses Allura nearly as much.

Romelle approaches the statue of Allura outside the castle, and isn't surprised in the least to find Princes Lyna sitting at a bench in front of it.

"Good morning, Princess!" Romelle says cheerfully, ignoring the irritated scowl that usually appears on Lyna's face when she's around.

"It would be an even better morning if I could just have my peace and quiet," Lyna says.

"I guess that comes with the territory of being a princess," Romelle says. "Not a lot of time for peace and quiet."

"So I've noticed..." Lyna whispers under her breath. She sighs deeply, and stands up from the bench. "I'm assuming you haven't sought out my company just for a social visit."

"That would be correct, your Highness," Romelle says with a slight curtesy. "I actually wish to discuss something with you. It's about the Paladins."

"I should have known," Lyna says, shaking her head.

Romelle has grown accustomed to Lyna's temperamental personality, but she is still taken aback by Lyna's attitude towards her friends. "Yes, well... they have some important business to take care of, and they have requested use of the teleduv."

Lyna huffs. "Who do they think they are? They think they can just waltz into my castle and demand things of me?!"

"Actually, they're not demanding anything," Romelle points out. "And they are heroes, you know. The entire universe is safe because of them."

"Yes yes, and because of the precious Princess Allura," Lyna says with a sneer. "I've heard the story."

Romelle tries so hard to be kind to and understanding of Lyna, but the truth is she doesn't understand her. Ever since Lyna became the princess of Altea, she acts as if she can't stand to hear about or talk about Princess Allura. Yet she comes out here alone every single morning to stare up at the statue of the former princess. It doesn't make any sense to Romelle.

"I fail to see what your issue is with them," Romelle says. "But I do ask that you please consider their request." She begins to walk back towards the castle, believing that their conversation is done. But after a few ticks, and what seems to be a moment's hesitation, Lyna stops her.

"Fine, they may use the teleduv," she says. "But only under one condition."

"Thank you so much, Princess!" Romelle says happily. "They'll be thrilled! What's the one condition?"

Lyna smirks, and expression that suddenly causes Romelle to worry. "Don't you worry about that," Lyna replies. "I will discuss it with the Paladins myself."

"So, you were about to tell me more about Princess Lyna?" Lance says to Coran.

"Yes, well... Where to begin?" Coran replies.

"How about you start with whatever it is that made her so... grouchy, to put it nicely."

Coran opens his mouth to respond, but is interrupted by Romelle's sudden shouts as she rushes into the room.

"Paladins!" She says excitedly. "You may use the teleduv! Lyna said so herself."

"Woo! That's a relief," Hunk says.

"Thank you for talking with her for us," Keith says.

Lance isn't quite as enthusiastic, though. "What's the catch?" He asks.

"Seriously, Lance?" Keith scolds. "Can't you for once just–"

"Yeah, she said she would discuss her 'one condition' with you guys personally," Romelle interrupts.

"I knew it," Lance says, folding his arms and ignoring the glare Keith is giving him.

"Okay then," Keith says to Romelle. "In the meantime, maybe we could look for a ship to borrow?"

Suddenly, Lance's markings begin to glow. But instead of one thought from Allura popping in his head, it feels as if she has placed about twenty inside his brain at once. With all these thoughts overlapping, he can't distinguish where one ends and another begins. Whatever she is trying to tell him, she is very excited about it!

"Whoa, whoa! Hold up Allura, slow down!" Lance says aloud as the others turn their attention towards him. "One thought at a time, please!"

Romelle raises an eyebrow. "Did he just say 'Allura'?"

Keith nods, but keeps his focus on Lance. "What's going on?" He asks.

I'm sorry Lance, I'm just so happy right now!

"Yeah, I kind of figured that out," Lance says with a chuckle. "What's got you like this?"

Tell Keith that he won't be needing another ship.

Lance doesn't understand where she is going with this, but he relays the information anyway. "She says you won't need another ship," he tells Keith. "But why?" He asks Allura.

Remember when I said that I was working on a way to help you? Allura replies.

"Yeah," Lance says slowly.

He can't explain how, but he feels a pleasant warmth inside and somehow he knows that, wherever she is, Allura is smiling widely. Look out the window.

Full of curiosity, Lance rushes to the nearest window. Keith, Hunk, and Pidge follow suit, though they have no idea what is going on. Romelle hangs back, staring at them in confusion.

For a few ticks, none of them see anything except for the city, the streets, and the people walking by. But once they begin to hear the familiar sounds approaching, they cast their eyes skyward.

"No way," Pidge says in awe.

"It can't be!" Hunk adds.

Keith smiles, and Lance begins to laugh excitedly.

The five massive figures in the distance draw closer and closer at rapid speed, and then finally land directly on the lawn in front of the castle. It almost seems too good to be true! Afraid of waking up from this insanely incredible dream, the Paladins all hold their breaths, gazing out at the amazing machines they believed they would never see again.

In return, they can feel the gaze of the five lions upon them as well.

"Aww yeah!" Lance shouts, pumping his fist in the air. "Voltron is back, baby!"

 "Voltron is back, baby!"