MORNING

Veronica never thought something like this could happen to her. Waking up on a totally different planet? It is absolutely amazing! And her brother acts like it's just nothing. She knows he has had more experience in this area, but she doesn't see how anyone could get used to something like this.

She walks through the castle in the early morning, taking in the beautiful and unique architecture all around her. It's amazing to her how different cultures can create buildings that are so different, yet still so similar, in the details. She knows that this castle will also double as a ship when it is finished, just as she heard the previous Castle of Lions was. It kind of reminds her of the Atlas back on Earth, but even more majestic in all its Altean brilliance.

"Are you lost?" She hears a voice ask. She turns around to see Bellin, the guard, watching her.

"Nope, just having a look around," she replies, adjusting her glasses.

"Okay. Well don't, you know... get into anything," Bellin says with a shrug. "Princess Lyna wouldn't be happy about that."

"Get into anything?" Veronica repeats. "What do you think I am, a child?"

"You could be, for all I know," Bellin says. "I don't really know a whole lot about humans, except that your technology isn't as advanced as ours."

Veronica scoffs. "For your information, I am older than most of the Paladins! And technology isn't the only sign of high intelligence, you know."

"I never said it was." Bellin holds up his hands defensively. "You and your friends are literally the only humans I've ever met. And from what I've heard about them, they seem pretty amazing to me."

Veronica nods. "So you've heard the stories about Voltron, have you?"

"Oh yes!" Bellin begins to grow excited. "I've heard so many of them! Those Paladins are true heroes. I still can't even believe they're staying in this castle!"

Veronica chuckles. "Yeah, well, you know what they say... You should never meet your heroes."

Bellin stares at her, confused. "No, I've never heard that. Why do they say that?"

Veronica shakes her head, having to remind herself that a different planet would not have heard Earth sayings. "Never mind," she says. "It was just a joke, anyway."

Lance and Pidge find Keith and Hunk in the kitchen with Coran. Hunk is digging through the cabinets, grabbing ingredients and throwing them into a bowl.

"I told you, Hunk," Coran says. "You don't have to make us breakfast! We have chefs here for that."

"But I am a chef," Hunk says. "And it's no problem, really. Just a small token of my gratitude for letting us stay here."

"Trust me, you want to let him cook," Keith says, sitting at the counter with a hot cup of... some kind of liquid in front of him. "He gets cranky if he goes too long without making something."

Hunk folds his arms in mock offense. "That is completely untrue! Cooking just makes me happier."

"Yeah, and the fact that you're usually cooking with your girlfriend Shay has nothing to do with it," Pidge says teasingly.

"Come on Pidge, she's not my girlfriend!" Hunk says with a blush.

"Then why are your cheeks turning pink?" Pidge chuckles.

Lance elbows her in the side. "Is this really a subject you want to bring up?" He whispers with a sly smile, glancing towards Keith. Pidge immediately shuts up.

"So, what's on the agenda today?" Coran says, clasping his hands together.

Keith stares down at the steaming liquid in his cup, and takes a sip. It seems to be palatable enough, so he takes an even larger sip. "You said last night that you might be able to do better than getting us a faster ship," he says. "What did you mean by that?"

"Ah yes," Coran says. "I still haven't quite ran it past Princess Lyna yet... But we have successfully completed the new castle's teleduv!"

"Seriously?!" Pidge says, growing excited. "You mean, we don't have to travel across space for deca-phoebs?"

"Nope, you can pop from one end of the universe to the other! Just like old times," Coran replies.

What a relief, Keith thinks. "That's great! Thank you, Coran."

"I wouldn't be thanking him yet," Lance says. "We still have to ask Princess Complains-A-Lot."

For a brief moment, Lance's markings glow. But by the annoyed look on his face, Keith guesses he would rather not share whatever Allura said to him.

 But by the annoyed look on his face, Keith guesses he would rather not share whatever Allura said to him

Keith downs the rest of the contents in his cup, and places it back on the counter. "Okay then, let's... go talk to Lyna."

"Hey, you'd better be back quick!" Hunk says. "Breakfast will get cold."

Before any of them can leave, a familiar voice calls out: "Coran! Coran!" Into the room rushes an old friend of theirs, one they hadn't expected to see. She stops directly in front of Coran.

"Coran, I heard the Paladins are here! Is it true?" She asks. But Coran doesn't need to reply, as she has already seen the answer to her question standing behind him.

Seeing them makes her gasp. Seeing her makes all of them smile.

"Romelle!" Keith says, stepping forward. "It's good to see you."