BATTLE

"This is how I die..." Bellin says, trembling in fear as he cowers behind Romelle's chair.

     "Seriously, now did this guy even become an Altean Royal Guard?" Lance wonders, ignoring the glare he is getting from Allura.

     "Focus, Lance!" Keith shouts. "We've got bigger problems here!"

     Altonba blasts at Voltron again, only this time with two beams instead of just one. Unable to evade to the left or the right, Voltron flies straight up.

     "Can't we just fly away?" Hunk suggests. "I mean, it's just sitting there like a planet. I don't think it can go very far."

     "There will be no running away from me like cowards!" Altonba screeches.

     Sure enough, as Voltron attempts to fly away from the beast, they suddenly collide with an invisible barrier. The collision knocks them backward, directly in front of Altonba once again.

     "It's blocking our ability to leave, just like it kept the Mrawls from teleporting!" Pidge announces.

     Lance glances at Allura pleadingly. "I don't want to pressure you or anything, but... We're all about to die! Is there anything you can do? Anything at all?!"

     Allura closes her eyes and attempts to focus once again. But suddenly a small bluish blast from Altonba as quick as lightning causes her to gasp loudly, and she falls to the floor.

     "Allura!" Lance screams, jumping out of his chair and rushing to her side.

     "What's going on?" Romelle asks. "What happened to Allura?"

     "Incoming!" Hunk shouts as another red and black blast from Altonba approaches. Voltron is able to evade once again, but not quite as quickly considering its right leg is not being operated.

     "Lance, get back to your controls!" Keith says.

     "Is Allura okay?!" Romelle insists.

     "I've got her," Veronica assures Lance as she kneels down next to the unconscious Allura. "Get back in your seat!"

     Lance sighs loudly, but complies. "Allura passed out," he informs the others. "I don't know what's wrong with her..."

     Altonba laughs wickedly, and realization dawns on everyone.

     "Uh, I don't think she's breathing!" Veronica announces, alarmed.

     "What have you done to her?!" Lance demands of Altonba.

     "What, you're worried about the puny Altean? I've dealt with her kind before. She is nothing!"

     "Dealt with her kind before...?" Keith thinks aloud. "But Allura has never heard of you. Alteans have never mentioned you!"

     "I wiped their memories of me," Altonba explains. "No Altean remembers hearing of me before! In fact... That is what I shall do to you. If you can't remember me, you can't remember that you are fighting me!"

     Black clouds begin to billow off either side of Altonba, forming into dark, ghostly arms that reach out toward Voltron.

     "Hunk, form shoulder cannon!" Keith commands.

     Hunk shoves his Bayard into its port, causing the yellow cannon to appear on Voltron's shoulder. Voltron blasts at the fast-approaching smoke hands, but the blasts go straight through them. They do, however, hit the surface of Altonba, causing the creature to shriek and retract its hands.

     "Leave us alone!" Hunk shouts.

     "Yeah, all realities exist right now because of the one you knocked out," Pidge adds, referring to Allura. "You exist because of her. So stop trying to destroy us!"

     "Speaking of Allura," Veronica says, cradling the princess's head in her hands. "Something is happening!"

     Lance glances back, and sees that his sister is correct. Allura's Altean markings are beginning to glow, and she appears to be breathing slowly.

"What... What is this?!" Altonba screams angrily. "This isn't possible. She is not a normal Altean!"

"You got that right!" Lance shouts.

All of a sudden, dozens of blasts of all different sizes and colors begin to shoot out of Altonba. They shoot everywhere but directly at Voltron.

"What is happening?!" Altonba screeches. "I am no longer in control!" Smoke hands once again reach for Voltron, but they blow away as one would blow out a candle.

Allura's eyes flutter open. Veronica helps her to rise slowly to her feet, and she stares out the viewport at Alconta. "Doesn't feel so good to be the one being controlled, does it?"

"What are you?" Altonba yells in frustration and agony as numerous blasts continue to shoot forth from it.

"I am Princess Allura of Altea. I was a Paladin of Voltron. I tried to sacrifice myself in order to save all realities, but instead I became something greater than I ever imagined I could be. The mysterious Kloflax brought be back to my original self, but you know what?" She pauses for dramatic effect as the blasts finally cease. "I believe I am still something greater."

With a horrendous screech, Altonba shoots one final blast towards Voltron. But Allura throws both of her hands out in front of her, as her markings glow brightly. The blast simply vanishes... and so does Altonba.

 and so does Altonba

"Whoa..." Pidge says.

"What happened?" Romelle asks.

     "I think Allura still has her amazing other-being powers!" Hunk says excitedly.

Lance stares at Allura in amazement. "Did you... did you kill it?"

     "Kill? No. It just no longer exists," Allura replies with a smirk.