Chapter 1: New home

Cinder POV

"(Y/N) LET'S GO!" I yelled, "WE'RE ALREADY TWO HOURS LATE FOR OUR FLIGHT!" I yelled, "Relax Cinder. Emerald's giving him a hard time." Mercury said, "Again?!" I said, "Yeah she really doesn't like him." He said, suddenly there was a gun shot, "MOMMY!" (y/n) yelled as he ran to me, "Hey what's up bud?" I asked as he hugged my legs, "Mommy don't let Emerald cut my fingers off!" He said, "Ok I'm gonna need an explanation." I said.

"Ok (y/n) do you see why we don't play with guns now? Especially if they're Emerald's guns." I said, "Yes I'm sorry Mommy." (y/n) said sadly, "It's ok bud, but please be a bit more careful from now on ok." I said, "Ok." He said, "Are you all packed?" I asked, "I think so." He said, "Well let's go make sure you've got everything. We're already two hours late for our flight thanks to a certain group of idiots." I said as I picked him up, "Mommy can we get some breakfast before we leave?" He asked, "How about we pick something up and eat on the bullhead." I said as I walked to our room.

(y/n) POV

After Mommy and I got some breakfast from some fast food place we went to some airfield and got on a bullhead. Mommy wouldn't tell me exactly where we were going. All she would tell me was that we were going home and then she'd go back to whatever she was doing.

"Ok bud we've got a few hours till we land when we do we can go get some lunch." Mommy said as she cut off a piece of her giant cinnamon roll, "Mommy can you please help me." I said, "Sure bud." She said as she cut my pancakes for me, "Thank you." I said as I took a bite.

After several hours of flying we finally arrived at our final destination. We were in a terrifying place where everything was dark and there were grimm and pools of darkness everywhere. "M...Mommy I don't like it here." I said, "I know bud, but I'll be right here with you." Mommy said  as she held my hand and we walked inside.

Cinder POV

"Ok (y/n) do you think you'll be ok waiting for me here?" I asked, he nodded, "Ok I'll be back as soon as I can so help you get unpacked." I said as I walked out to the hall. 

'I hope he'll just stay in the room.' I thought as I walked to the conference hall. 

(y/n) POV

'I know Mommy told me to stay her, but I kinda wanna go look around.' I thought as I walked out of the room and slowly backed up into the dark hallway, and after taking a few steps I bumped into someone. "Well now how did you get her?" A woman said, "I'm in trouble aren't I?" I asked, "Depends on how you answer my next question." She said, "Who are you?" She asked, "I'm (y/n) Fall." I said as I turned to face her, "Well aren't you a cutie." She said, "I am Salem, now are you related Cinder?" She asked, "She's my Mommy." I said, "I wasn't aware that she had any children." She said, "Well she took me from an orphanage a few days ago." I said, "Sounds like her." She said, "What were you going to do little one?" She asked, "I was gonna look around a bit even though Mommy told me not to." I said, "How about you come with me, we wouldn't want you to get gobbled up by a beowolf now would we?" She said as she picked me up, "You're awfully light aren't you dear." She said, "I didn't really eat much at the orphanage since no one really wanted me around." I said, "Well let's fix that." She said with a warm smile. 

Cinder POV

"Shall we begin." Lady Salem said as she walked into the conference hall holding (y/n), "Hi Mommy." (y/n) said causing Tyrian and Watts to laugh a bit, "Is something amusing to you two?" Lady Salem asked, "N...No my lady, it's just humorous to see a child calling Cinder "mommy"." Watts said, suddenly (y/n) bit him, "YOU BRAT!" Watts yelled as he raised his hand to slap him, "Touch him and I kill you." I said as I pointed my sword at Watts's throat, "That's quite enough everyone." Lady Salem said as she picked (y/n) up and took her seat.

"(Y/N) WHAT DID I TELL YOU!" I yelled, "I...I'm sorry Mommy. I...I just wanted to look around a bit." (y/n) said sadly, "Well it was very brave what you did back there for me." I said as I patted his head, "I know what it feels like to have people talk about you like that, and I didn't think you liked him talking about you so I made him stop." He said, "Yes you did." I said, "Cinder why did you decide to take this child in?" Lady Salem asked, "He reminded me of when I was his age, and hopefully with the right training he can be of use to me one day." I said. "Cinder I want you to show us what you can do with your new maiden powers." Lady Salem said, "Yes my lady." I said as I walked to the training room.

(y/n) POV

"(y/n) remember no matter what you see me do in there I'm still your mother and I won't let anything hurt you." Mommy said as she walked into the training room. I was confused, what was she going to do in there, why would I be scared of her, and what are maiden powers? All these thoughts raced through my mind, "Salem what are maiden powers?" I asked, "It's magic my dear." Salem said, "Like a semblance?" I asked, "No, it's not like dust or a semblance. It's real magic my dear just watch." She said as a bunch of grimm surrounded Mommy, "MOMMY!" I said, suddenly Salem grabbed me stopping me from running out to her. I looked up and saw the grimm pounce on Mommy, but they all exploded in a fiery explosion, "Well done Cinder." Salem said, I ran over to Mommy and hugged her, "You ok bud? I hope I didn't scare you." Mommy said, "You were awesome Mommy!" I said excitedly, "I wanna be just like you!" I said.

Cinder POV

"I wanna be just like you!" (y/n) said, with those words he made my heart melt and for the first time I truly felt that I needed to become more of a mother for him, "That's so sweet honey." I said as I picked him up.

Several months later (y/n) POV

"(y/n) I want you to be a good boy for me ok. I promise that I'll come get you once everything's ready." Mommy said said, "Ok Mommy, I'll be good." I said as I hugged her, "I love you bud." She said as she hugged me before getting on the bullhead. In the past few months Mommy and I had both changed, I had gotten a bit taller, smarter, and stronger. Mommy grew her hair out changed her old dress for a pretty new one, and gave me her swords.

Cinder POV

"Welcome back Cinder." Emerald said, "I miss my boy." I said, "What?" She said, "(y/n) I miss him." I said, "Well someone looks miserable already. I know Emerald's hard to look at, but cheer up cause now I'm here." Mercury said, "Shut up Mercury." Emerald and I said.