Chapter 4: Changes

(y/n) POV

"(Y/N)! Where in the world did you hear a word like that?!" Mommy asked, "Roman told it to me." I said, "Honey we don't listen to Roman, he's an idiot." She said, "Am I in trouble?" I asked, "Not a bit darling, Roman however." She said as she shot a fireball at Roman, "HEY WATCH IT!" Roman yelled, "YOU TOLD MY SON TO CALL ME A SLUT!" Mommy yelled, "Well you are." He said, "Mommy what does that mean?" I asked, "Don't worry about it sweetie, he's a dead man." She said as her eyes began to glow with anger, "Mommy you're scaring me." I said, "Oh I'm sorry sweetie." She said as she stopped being scary, "Oh Sweetheart later today you're going to have to hide in our room for a while till I come to get you. I'm interviewing someone. Her name is Aubrey, Alison, or something like that. Anyway if she get's the job she'll be watching you and making sure that nothing happens to you." She said, "Then why do I have to hide?" I asked, "Well sweetheart she's pretty scary." She said, "Oh ok." I said, "I'll help get you set up so you wont get bored." She said as we went to the room.

"THAT WAS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL WAIST OF MY TIME!" Mommy yelled, "But it was hilarious watching her beat Roman senseless." Emerald said, "I can't believe she went for his balls every time!" Mercury laughed, "So it didn't go well then?" I asked, "No sweetie, no it didn't. Looks like I'm going to have to keep you safe the old fashioned way." Mommy said.

Twenty minutes later

"Mommy I don't like it in here!" I said from inside the bubble Mommy put me in, "Well it's either this or I become insanely overprotective towards you and never let you out of my sight ever again." Mommy said, "OVERLY PROTECTIVE PLEASE!" I shouted, "Fine have it your way." She said as she popped the bubble. "Thank you Mommy" I said, "You're welcome darling, now let's go." She said, "Where are we going Mommy?" I asked, "You are getting a bath and then you're going to bed." She said, "But its not even eight thirty yet!" I complained, "Yes, but by time you're out it'll be almost nine." She said, "But you said you don't care what time I go to bed as long as I go to sleep." I said, "True, but that's going to change from now on you will be in bed by nine and asleep by ten." She said, "But Mommy!" I said, "No buts! After I lost you I realized I've been far too lax with you, so from now on I'm going to be a bit more strict with you." She said, "Mommy I love you, but you're being silly!" I said, "Don't back talk your mother young man." She said, "Technically you're not his mother." Mercury said, "Don't make me go get Alison." Mommy said, "Please don't." Mercury said, "Now (y/n) let's go." Mommy said.

Cinder POV

"Goodnight sweetie." I said as I tucked (y/n) in, he ignored me and rolled over facing away from me, "I love you sweetie, I hope you'll be in a better mood in the morning." I said as I left the room.

"So what's up with the kid?" Mercury asked, "He's upset that I've decided to become a more strict mother, and now he's pouting." I said, "Ok, but that's no reason for him to be upset." He said, "That one is actually my fault. I kinda told him that I wished that I never took him from the orphanage." I said, "WHY?!" He shouted, "Look we were arguing, things escalated far too quickly, and now I just want tonight to be over and thing to go back to normal." I said, "Well I know it's not my place to comment on your family life, but if I were you I'd apologize to him a soon as possible. You two love each other, and I'd hate to see anything happen to you two." He said as he walked away.

(y/n) POV

"Good morning sweetie." Mommy said, I ignored her, "Look sweetheart I'm so so sorry for what I said last night. I never should have said anything like that. I feel horrible please forgive me." She said, "Why did you say that?" I asked, "Well sweetie I was mad, and I wasn't really thinking. If I could take it back I would." She said, "I forgive you, but I want things to go back to normal." I said, "Sweetie I want that too, but I cant be the mother who lets her son do practically whatever he wants until something bad happens." She said, "Maybe I should just go home. I'm obviously in the way here, and you're too busy worrying about me to get any work done." I said, "You know for a four year old you're surprisingly good at making hard choices." She said, "So that's it then I'm going home." I said, "Yeah, but if you ever decide you want to come back I will drop everything and come and get you." She said, "I love you Mommy." I said.

"Welcome back (y/n)." Salem said, "Hi Salem. I...It's nice to be home." I said, "What's wrong you seem upset?" She asked, "It's just I wish Mommy was here." I said, "Here let's go to my room and you can tell me all about what happened." She said as she picked me up.

"Well after I got lost Mommy decided to be more strict. I didn't really get it, but she said it was for my own good. After that we got into a big fight and we decided that it'd be best if I lived here for awhile." I said, "I'm sorry to hear that dear." Salem said as she hugged me, "Feel free to make yourself at home, you can come to me if you need anything." She said, "Salem why are you so nice to me?" I asked, "Well once long ago I had children just like you, but they betrayed me." She said, "Are you trying to replace them with me?" I asked, "In a way yes, I never got to really spoil my children so I decided that if I got the opportunity I'd spoil you." She said, "I bet you were a good mom Salem, I mean you're always so nice to me." I said, "Thank you darling." She said as she hugged me.