Chapter 12: Moving on

Cinder POV

First I lost my left arm and eye, and if that wasn't bad enough I had just learned that Adam had lost my son! I know he's still alive...I just have to find him and bring him home.

(y/n) POV

"How are you feeling (y/n)?" Blake asked sweetly, "I...I miss Mommy." I said sadly, "You know you never told me who your mother is." She said, "My mommy is...Cinder Fall." I said, "Oh, sweetie I think it would be best if you forgot about her and maybe you should find another mother." She said as she hugged me, "B...But why?" I asked, "Well sweetie, she did something very very bad and she hurt a lot of people. I'm just afraid if people found out that you were her son they'd do something horrible to you." She said, "B...But she was always so nice to me." I said sadly, "It's for the best (y/n). Believe me I know how horrible people can be." She said as she took off her bow reveling a pair of cat ears, "Kitty." I said as she tossed the ribbon into the ocean, "I'll let you make this decision for yourself and no matter what I'll support you. I do everything I can to defend you, but that wont stop people from wanting to hurt you." She said, "Alright Blake." I said sadly.

"Blake do you miss the other's?" I asked, "Every single day. But it's better if I stay away from them." Blake said, suddenly she began to laugh slightly, "What's so funny?" I asked, "Well I guess you and I are in the same boat." She said with a slight laugh, "I thought Yang was supposed to make all the bad puns." I said, "You have a point, but what I meant was Adam has a bone to pick with the both of us now. So I guess it's better for you to be with me in a way." She said, "Blake I'm still scared." I said, "Well the fall was a horrifying experience for everyone sweetie." She said as she petted my hair, "It's just I've never seen a grimm kill anyone before. I always thought they were things to play with or have as pets." I said, "A pet grimm? Now there's a thought." She said, "Beowolves are the best for making pets." I said, "You act like you've done this before." She said, "I did, I used to have a pet beowolf, but Mommy...I mean Cinder made me get rid of it. She said just because Mama Salem let me have it that doesn't mean it's not dangerous." I said.

Lucy POV

"Thank you for all your help." Glynda said, "No problem, I'm just worried about (y/n). I mean technically I'm supposed to be his godmother! How could I let a woman like her just have him!" I said, "Wait what woman?" She asked, "Cinder Fall took in (y/n) around a year ago. Damn it I knew I should have just taken him from her." I said, "Lucy you couldn't have known any of this was going to happen." She said, "Why don't you go you've done more than enough and I don't think being alone in a place like this is good for you right now." She said, "You're probably right. Maybe I'll go back to Patch and visit my old friend." I said as I walked away.

(y/n) POV

I was enjoying my time with Blake, in the time I've spent with her I've learned that she just wanted to love me and keep me safe. Suddenly a big wave rocked the boat and an enormous grimm rose from the sea, "(y/n) stay here!" Blake said as she stared to run to towards the front of the boat to confront the grimm, "Blake." I said in fear as I grabbed her sleeve, "I'll be ok sweetie." She said as she she pulled my hand off her and went into battle. 'I have to help her!' I thought as I tried to follow her, suddenly the sprouted wings, "Leave this to me (y/n)." A man said as he pulled me off the railing and took me up to the upper deck. Suddenly Blake crashed into the deck, "I'll be back kiddo." He said as he jumped onto Blake's shoulders and used her as a springboard, "SUN?!" Blake shouted in shock, "Hey Blake!" Sun said as he rode the grimm as it flew, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Blake yelled, "Oh ya know, I'm just hangen around!" Sun said, suddenly the grimm threw him off and Blake went to go catch him. "I have to help Blake." I said as the grimm shot a beam of lightning at Blake and Sun, "B...But it's so scary." I said shakily, "NO! I have to help her!" I said as black flames shot from the sides of my eyes. "STAY AWAY FROM MY KITTY!" I yelled as I shot the grimm in the head with a bolt of black flames causing it to look directly at me, "Cant we talk about this Mr. Dragon?" I asked nervously as Blake and Sun landed on the ship, "HUNTSMEN! If you can clip its wings and draw it out towards the bow we can take it!" The captain said, "Well you are the one with the swords." Sun said, suddenly they were off to battle again. "How can I help?" I asked, "You cant." The captain said, "I want to help Blake!" I said angrily, "So how can I help?" I asked, he sighed, "Do you think you can keep those blasts from hitting us?" He asked, "That I can do!" I said as I jumped onto the lower deck and fired several large balls of ice at the lightning blast. "GOOD JOB! KEEP IT UP!" He shouted, 'Let's see if I can have some fun with this!' I thought as several long ice sickles formed around my hands, suddenly they all pointed out and orbited around my wrists, and slowly began to come together until they were about a foot apart and black lightning began to pulse from between the ice sickles and a charged ball of ice formed in the center, "This looks fun. I'll call these my ice cannons." I said as I fired the ball of ice in the left cannon. The ball left a bright trail of dark energy as it flew through the energy blast nearly hitting the grimm, "ONE MORE!" I yelled as I fired the cannon on my right, and just like before it flew through the beam and hit the grimm.