Chapter 3: Setbacks

(y/n) POV

Even though Mommy said we would leave the next night we were still here in Vale two weeks later. "Sweetheart come on I said I was sorry!" Mommy said, I've been ignoring her for about a week now not because I was mad or anything, because Mercury and I were playing a game. See how long I can go without talking to Mommy. The winner got all the money in Emerald's wallet which when the game started was about five hundred lien. I figured if I won I could use the money to get something for Mommy. "Sweetie it's not nice to ignore me like this!" She said, "Ok kid you win." Mercury said as he tossed me my winnings, "That's gotta be the easiest fifteen hundred lien he will ever make." He said, "Explain or burn." Mommy said as she made a fireball in her hand, "We made a bet to see how long I could ignore you. The winner got all the money in Emerald's wallet." I said, "So that's why you've been ignoring me for a week?!" She said angrily, "I... I wanted to win so I could use the money to get you something. I'm sorry Mommy." I said sadly, "Aww sweetie you didn't have to do that, but I'm still going to burn Mercury to a crisp for convincing you to do this." She said as she shot at Mercury, "Ok let's go sweetheart." Mommy said, "Am I in trouble?" I asked, "No you are going to put that money somewhere safe... and then I'm finally going to take you to the park like I promised." She said, "REALLY?!" I shouted excitedly, "Yep, what kind of a mother would I be if I couldn't even take my child to the park?" She said.

Cinder POV

I took (y/n) to a park near a dust shop that Roman was going to hit up, "Mommy will you push me on the swing?!" (y/n) asked excitedly, "Sure sweetheart." I said happily as we walked over to the swing-set. We spent hours playing around the playground until it was lunch time. "Here sweetie why don't I go get us some lunch and you can play where I can see you alright." I said, "Ok!" He said, "Alright I'll be right back." I said as I walked to a nearby restaurant to get some fast food.

(y/n) POV

I was playing in the sandbox for about four minutes when someone came up to me and grabbed me, "LET ME GO!" I yelled, "NO DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOU'RE IN?!" The woman yelled, "Lucy?" I asked as she looked back at me.

 Lucy was one of the employees that worked at the orphanage, but she was also the only one who was always nice to me and wasn't afraid of me, "Do you have any idea how worried you made me?" She asked, "I...I'm sorry Lucy." I said, "Let's just get back to the orphanage and then you can tell me exactly why you ran away, where you were, and what you've been doing all this time." She said, "N...No." I said, "What do you mean no?" She asked, "I cant go, Mommy told me to stay where she could see me." I said, "(y/n) sweetheart whoever you're talking about isn't your mother. If she adopted you than she would have gone through the proper channels." She said, "SHE IS MY MOTHER AND YOU CANT TAKE ME FROM HER!" I yelled as I tore my hand away from her and ran away.

Before I knew it I was completely lost and had no idea of how to get back to the park. I was about to start to cry when someone put their hand on my shoulder, "Are you ok little guy?" A girl asked, I shook my head, "I cant find my mommy." I said sadly, "That's terrible! Don't worry we'll help you!" A blonde woman said, "My name's Ruby, this is my sister Yang, and these are our friends Blake and Weiss." Ruby said, "I'm (y/n), (y/n) Fall." I said.