Family Time

In an extended family meeting, we told Lori and Danny that the coast is clear. Helen's friend made some calls, and used the evidence, and that the three drug dealers are dealt with. It is being kept quiet while the Authorities look into trying to get the rest of the organization.

There are elements of truth. Helen's friend really used the data. The fibs and half-truths helpfully supported by the County Sheriffs Department, in combination with the FBI and DEA. They performed a joint operation cleaning up eight or nine different active bathtub speed operations all in one weekend. That had made the news and supported for our story. Once the pressure was off, and they felt safe again, they are back at work and more importantly, being more interested in each other than the world around them.

Danny and Lori moved into the house out back of the main house, the original house on the property. One nice thing about having all the square footage is that now my entire clan is here.

Helen moved into Danny and Lori's old room upstairs. In the week Helen has been up there, she changed everything around to suit her, bringing home and installing a very expensive looking antique bed, dresser, armoire (the room has a big walk-in closet, but whatever: it's her room), mirror, pictures, and so forth. Helen's upstairs bathroom she similarly remodeled. She can put a gold throne in there if she wants. I do not care in the slightest. If it makes Helen happy, those rooms are hers for life. Hell, the whole upstairs. I never go up there. It is a big, well-insulated house. My parents raised three kids in it. For a long time, it was only me and the cats banging around in this place. Now our home is full of life, energy, and love.

For Helen, Jessica, and I, it is convenient having the housing split like this so that we are able to speak about Vampire business unedited. Getting dressed is optional as well. We have no secrets from each other. If Helen spent the night with Holly, we know it. Scents are like that. After the drive home, we have no sex secrets from Helen either. It is weird to think about it from a human point of view, but neither of them has that point of view anymore, and they are working on polishing off mine.

If they found the plane and its cargo, the FAA, FBI, DEA, and other three-letter acronym federal agencies who might care are keeping it under wraps. Helen's friend at the sheriffs' department did not hear anything. Helen reported the actions taken, how, and by whom to the council at large, so many Vampires are watching, and no one has heard a thing.

Word came back that Nova and Becky are pleased with my part in the action. When I heard what I did, I realized Helen might have over-sold me in that drama. Helen got some serious canoodling from Jessica from that.

No one knows the plane is there. No one is looking. No one will report it missing. The private plane used for illegal drug runs with no transponder on the unregistered flight that never crossed into controlled airspace is not even a blip on anyone's radar.

Jessica and Snowball are here. In my bed. With me.  My cats had been a little anxious about Snowball in their house, but since she came with an extra pair of experienced hands, they soon adapted. Cat explosions early on morphed into cat piles: All three snuggled together in a pool of light on the bed. At night Ralph snuggled between Jessica and me, and Snowball and Princess took turns on who they sat on. Usually, Snowball on Jessica and Princess on me, but not always. I told Jessica it is funny that everyone thinks "Witches that have cats when really, it is Vampires."

"Actually, a funny thing about that. I went to a session on this at Conclave a couple of decades ago. Cats for some reason really like Vampires. Even a feral cat will make friends with a Vampire. We appear to be simpatico for some reason. No one is quite sure why, but Vampires all through history have had cats." Jessica said.

"What about dogs?" I asked

She shrugged "Dogs are dogs. They don't seem to care one way or the other. You feed them. They like you."