Chapter 1

Fan Fiction - Picture Perfect Chapter One

Finally. I was where I've always wanted be. I was standing there thinking all my hard work payed off. All the years of art school. All the punched canvases. All the long stares whilst tilting my head. All of the blood, sweat and years. All of it. All of it brought me here.

I stood in front of the stone complex and just took a deep breath. I pinched myself just to make sure it was all real, but somehow I didn't feel it. I grabbed my bags and walked in. There were two flights of stairs I had to climb and my bags were massive. I pulled one along at a time and there at the top was a white door with a big gold 5 nailed on the top. I shuffled through my handbag and took out the key, pushed it in and turned.

The door swang open and my home awaited. All furnished and pretty, with amazing artworks everywhere. I dumped my bags near the kitchen and slumped myself on the couch. I stared at the ceiling, still not believing what's just happened to me. It was so surreal.

Suddenly I felt a vibration in my pocket. It was a phone call, and I fumbled a little before I answered.

"Welcome to London Miss Beau. How was your flight?" said a mature manly voice over the line.

"Erm...wonderful. May I ask who this is?" I asked curiously.

"Oh dear. Excuse my awful manners. I'm Mr Dailey, your principal," he quickly replied.

I cleared my throat, "Thank you sir for this opportunity, I am so grateful. I cannot wait to begin school with you Mr Dailey."

"Well Miss Beau, we would be delighted to see you next Tuesday. Classes start at 8am but be early if you want a tour of the campus," Mr Dailey said, "how's the apartment?"

"Amazing," I squealed.

"All of this is a part of the scholarship but I'll give you all the details when I see you on Tuesday, good day Miss," he said.

"Bye Mr Dailey, have a great day," I replied.

I waited a while and then hung up.

I jumped up in excitement! I'm going to Chelsea College of Art and Design! I'm living in London! From south west Sydney to London. It was so enlightening.

I picked up the home phone, which was slick and fancy, something definitely designed by technology students and called home.

"Hello," I heard my mum, who still had an upset toned voice.

"MUM, I MADE IT HOME. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING," I screamed into the phone.

"My little baby! How are you?" she asked.

"I'm doing fine mum, missing you though," I said and we chatted for an hour.

I went to the kitchen and found a bounty basket with fruit and biscuits and different types of cheese. I grabbed an apple and sat down to unpack my bags which I needed to do, I'll be here for a good few years.

The sun rose and I was still unpacking things and moving some furniture around. This jetlag was awful but I couldn't go to sleep, I had to go out. I'M IN LONDON FOR GODS SAKE!

I walked down the street and bought myself a coffee freshly brewed and warm. I finished the cup and felt more alive than ever and began walking down the street. I saw a little CostCutter convenience store. Perfect. I could get a few essentials from here and then go shopping later. I left with bread, milk, coffee, 3 types of cereal, butter, pasta and sauce, pancake mix and cream.

I decided to go back home, put these down and catch a train to the city. I was at the complex and began ascending the stairs staring at my feet. I took a sharp turn to the next fleet of stairs and bumped into a young man. He picked up the loaf of bread and block of butter and put them in the paper bag.