Chapter 5

Fan Fiction - Picture Perfect Chapter Five

PREVIOUSLY:

I instantly felt out of place. The teacher walked in. I expected everyone would turn around and drop what they're doing but not a single sound. The silence lasted a little longer before I got up and approached the teacher.

_____________________________________________________

"I'm new, I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do," I said looking at my feet.

"Right. Well what everyone else is doing now is a drawing interpreting their feeling using charcoal. You can grab some from the cabinet and I'm assuming you own a diary," the teacher said looking over his round spectacles then kicking his fit onto the table and opening his newspaper.

I grabbed some charcoal and stared at my page. I was so confused. I mean, I understood exactly what the teacher wanted but I didn't know what I wanted. The charcoal didn't touch my page all lesson and I wasn't convinced. The bell rang and it was off to tech class. At least in this class the teacher knew who I was and got to me as soon as she walked in. She gave me all the work I missed and gave me a head start on what the rest of the class was doing now.

"The class has just started one of the small fun units called 'Phonography'. Next lesson we'll be using photo's taken with Smartphones to create professional looking designs. So how about you dismiss this class and take a few photos ready for next lesson?" she said giving me a wink.

I didn't hesitate and I made my way down to the grounds. The glare was horrible, the sun wasn't even out and it was showering lightly every few minutes. I sat under a big maple tree and frowned. Something was bothering me, but I don't know what.

The next few lessons were long except for History with Tash where we started throwing bits of eraser at the professor when we turned around to write something at the board. We walked out together and I began walking in the rain back to the station. I was following the same route I did in the morning until a car pulled over right in front of me. The dark tinted window came down and a senior student was inside.

"I wouldn't let someone like you walk in the rain, that'd be mean," he said reaching over for the door and unlocking it from the inside swinging it right open.

"It's fine, the station is just around the corner," I said walking on again.

The car followed me and the young man kept arguing me to come in. I began running into the station. The black car sped behind me but I made it before he could turn into the road. I ran down the stairs too scared to look back and ran to the end of the platform. I was terrified. The train was approaching and I was the first one inside. I sat down and curled up. I pulled my hood over my head and sniffed. I want to be back home. I knew the good things were not bound to last long. I hate it here.

I stepped off the train making my way back home staring at my feet. It was a matter of seconds before I heard beeping behind me. I turned around.

"Look who I found. Why'd you run away babe, hmm? I knew I'd see you again. Come on. Come inside," he said looking deep into my eyes.

"Leave me alone you freak!" I said sprinting my way down road.

I heard the door slam and his heavy footsteps behind me. I was getting tired. He caught me by the arm, holding me tight. I swung my hand up across his face and he let go immediately. I started running again. I turned the corner and ran up the stair. I quickly opened my door and slammed it behind me. I fell to the ground crying. Why me?

A moment later there was knocking at my door. My heart skipped a beat. I was terrified. I slowly looked through the eyehole and saw Zayn standing there looking worried. I opened the door and he looked at me. My face was puffy and my eyes were bloodshot.