Chapter 23

Fan Fiction - Picture Perfect Chapter Twenty Three

PREVIOUSLY:

"What I meant was I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you!" he finally revealed, "I LOVE YOU OKAY? HAPPY?"

Strangely enough like when someone bows down on one knew and asks you to marry them and you say no; I was not happy and nothing was okay.

-----------

I could almost feel the heat from his face reflect onto my chest but I kept my foot to the ground and didn't lie. I wouldn't lie to him. And most definitely wasn't going to lie to myself.

I stuttered unconfidently even though I knew exactly what I wanted to leave my pursed lips.

"Love? What do you know of love?" I asked in vicissitude.

The response was the exact opposite of the ebullience he expected. It wasn't like the films and the classic romantic literatures. I didn't fall into his arms or said I loved him back. We didn't share another passionate affectionate kiss or kill for each other. I never felt the spark or 'chemistry' or witness love at first sight. I just stared into his eyes that were almost drained from fear.

"I'm sorry. But I won't go through it. I won't take it. I've had enough," - I took a breath and held back the growing need fall back into his grasp- "You're under the eye, you could have anyone and anything. And worse off, you can get rid of them just as easy."

"But you don't understand," Zayn tried, but his words felt furtive.

"You don't understand. You know nothing about me and I have no interest in knowing more than I do about you."

"That's where you're wrong."

"Oh," - I remarked- "so what your trying to say is that you're not the guy who wants to just snog every 'hot' girl he sees and sleep with a girl from each country he tours in. Be a total helmet."

He bit his lip. I watched his Adam's apple drop in to a bath of untold lies and shame.

"I thought so."

He couldn't hold me back. I'd done the worst I could. I tapped into the shell of his mysterious ways and read his mind like a book. This is where it all changed. I was going to take toll of my life and stop everything that was about to happen in its tracks. I hoped.

I ran back to where I left Tash and Amberley but to what my eyes could tell me, Amberley had left and Tash was following.

"Where are you going?" I asked, concerned.

"Why would you care? You know what, I just realised who you are."

"What do you mean?"

"You're just like Cassidy. On scholarship, not worrying about a thing in life thinking you can use me like a rag on the floor. I really thought you were humble. I really thought you were trying."

"But I am. I'm nothing like that."

"Marielle, people would kill to be in your position now; learning in the top PCA college in the UK but you'd rather waste your life on a self-centred boy-band. I didn't fall into that trap because I knew exactly what your game was."

"Game? I mean no such thing!" At this point the lies leaving Tash's tongue were stripping my heart from its strings.

"How about we put the poor girl under the spotlight and see how she goes, and then maybe if she doesn't get heartbroken and lied to, I'll run off with the pretty boy?" her eyes were filling up with tears, "but I did."

My lips moved slightly as I tried to replace the strong tirade in me with support.

She left, her weeping voice fading and the sound of her tears hitting the cold floors echoing in the distance.