Chapter 9

Fan Fiction - Picture Perfect Chapter Nine

PREVIOUSLY:

"And who's that?" I asked pointing to a blond girl who was putting on mascara looking into her reflection from a spoon.

Amberley and Tash pulled me in and turned me around. They lowered their heads and began to whisper, "that's-"

We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind us in an obvious tone, "ahem."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Tash and Amberley slowly turned around giving the girl fake forced and unpleasant smiles.

"Cassidy," Tash exclaimed in a sarcastic tone, "what are you doing here?"

"I got to school here you plonker," the alleged Cassidy said slapping Tash on the back after a few giggles and an unladylike snort.

"How could I forget?" Tash murdered to herself loud enough for Amberley and I to hear.

"This is Cassidy," said Amberley in a disinterested, couldn't-care-less manner. I extended my arm to give the blond a shake but she quickly turned avoiding my gesture and skipping along to the table letting her blond curls bounce off her shoulders.

"I don't know what he sees in her," Tash said cringing. I looked over to the table to see Cassidy sitting in Darren's lap and the two enjoying a pash, or what they call here a 'snog'.

"They're dating?" I questioned.

"She's only here for him. She gets to prance around without worrying about fees or keeping your grades up. She just took the easy way here while we work our bums off," Amberley ranted.

"So she's not an art student," I continued further squeezing facts out of the two.

"Not really no. Can't believe she wanted to pay me for my essay!" Tash said shaking her head at the two.

"SHE WHAT?" Amberley blurted even though she heard them clearly.

"Didn't I tell you? She came up to our room in the dorm and tried to bribe me," Tash said.

"Why does she hang with you?" I asked frowning at Darren and Cassidy who were still happily kissing.

"Darren insisted we be nice to her. Apparently she has a bubbly personality under all that designer wear and make up," Tash said.

We moved towards the table and sat down before Tash began throwing her lunch at the two getting them to stop "snogging each other's faces off" as Amberley called it.

The two love birds kept giggling and sharing food while the three of us who were sane were pulling faces and pretended to puke.

Amberley was a total laugh and was so easy to warm into, I couldn't help but ask her, "Uhm, did you want to join Tash and I at my apartment for the night on Friday?"

"Like a sleepover," Amberley said

"Kind of...yeah," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"OMG YES! So that's tomorrow night?" Amberley asked.

"Tomorrow is Friday? Oh my god, it is. So tomorrow, yeah," I said with a smile of excitement. I knew it was going to be a fun night.

The bell rang and I headed off to all my other classes looking forward to history with Tash.

History came and I was given my first assignment, an essay. Tash and I agreed to work on it together on Friday night but something told me that wasn't going to happen.