Chapter 12

Picture Perfect - A Zayn Malik Fan Fiction

One Shots

Answered Questions

Twitter

Archive

RSS feed

THEME BY STIJN

JANUARY 26TH

4:13 PM

6 NOTES

Fan Fiction - Picture Perfect Chapter Twelve

PREVIOUSLY:

I turned the page and brought the page closer to my face and began reading the note. Soon it was clear Zayn wrote it after he drew me. His handwriting decorating the page with words I thought I'd never have to read:

__________________________________________________

Marielle,

My throat felt like it his the bottom of my stomach. My head felt extremely light and the air was sucked out of my lungs. I didn't want to read on but my heart held its force to the note.

'I said I'd never want to see you hurt. I'd never want to bare those tears hitting the ground again. I promised myself if I could stop it, I would never let it happen.'

His handwriting read his emotion. The dark ink dug deep into the fibers of the paper. The lines definite and dark illustrating somewhat anger or frustration. I could almost see the words read themselves.

'But tonight, I couldn't. Sometimes in life you try to do all you can, and fight all you can but fate is fate. What's meant to happen will happen.'

His wisdom and wit seemed like nothing of anineteen year old. At this point my gut instinct was to stop. To not let my eyes scan his font furthermore. I put the paper down and closed my eyes trying not to think of what was left of Zayn's confession. It was torturous. The way the few sentences I read lingered in my head pulling every strand of hope I still had grasp of. And no late the note was in my hand again as my hand trembled with fear but I longed more.

'I did what I could and you know I'd never give up. I didn't want to have you wake up and tell your beautiful face the bad news'

That's when my heart split straight down the middle. The words 'bad news' played a horrific repeated loop in my head. Worse yet, in Zayn's voice. His thick accent mouthing out the words I could almost feel him breathing down my neck. I turned my head rapidly in fear to only see a cracked white wall starring back at me. I held my chest as I felt my own heartbeat hit my chest rapidly and a bead of sweat escape my forehead. This was it. If I read anymore I would collapse. The fear was taking hold of my body. My rapid breaths. My trembling hands. My fast beating heart. But my soul was more than alive.

'They say I'm the type to never back down. But something I know for sure is, you Marielle are so much stronger than me. I know your tough. That you can fight the worst the life gives you even if it's me.'

I felt a burden of guilt weigh my chest down. The way I was so careless and ungrateful to Zayn. He was only ever trying to help me. I shook my head in disgust. The way I thought so much of myself and thought I needed no one. Yet here I lay hopeless, wishing someone was here to comfort me. I long Zayn's warm body pressed against mine brushing his calm vibe onto me. My body immersed in cold bitter woe but my soul fueling on the only warmth left in me.

'To think someone as innocent as yourself, sleeping calmly in front of me would have to bare words like these. I used to tell myself you get what you deserve, but now I don't believe such meaningless words because even if I've only known you for so long, I'm sure of one thing. And that is, you've done nothing to deserve this.'