Chapter 14

Fan Fiction - Picture Perfect Chapter Fourteen

PREVIOUSLY:

I felt someone's warm skin come in contact with my hands. They held my hand and rubbed it delicately with their fingers. I had no clue who it was, or what their intentions were but it calmed me. Just having someone beside me.

_______________________________________

I didn't want them to leave. They kept giving off a warm, calm, safe feeling. I felt them clench onto my hand tighter, squeezing it in their soft palms. The sensational moment lasted forever. All my insecurities and worries packed tightly between our fists.

Unexpectedly my hand was released hitting the side of my bed, swinging of the edge. I could hear the person make sounds of frustration and failure. Whoever it was, the felt like they were the cause of this. I just wanted to tell them they weren't.

The silence lasted for a long stretch of time. I began to think I was alone. That this person abandoned me the same way I did to this life. I began to focus on the sounds from my left. Not only could I hear this person's strong breathing but a patter on the tiles. One drop at a time. Hitting the ground at random. It was no other than tears.

This person cared so much, they were crying for me. They miss me. They need me. And right then, I needed them. I couldn't hold my emotions. I may have been cold and lifeless but I wasn't cold hearted. Underneath my eyelids, my tired eyes began to water. I tried to be the strong one. To not make this harder than it was already. For the two of us.

But I failed. A single tear slid down my face before hitting my mask and diverting towards the pillow. I shut my eyes tight, squinting. Not letting another tear escape.

"Don't cry. Please," the voice mentioned in a husky low tone.

It took me no time to realise that it was Zayn comforting me. He took held of my hand and held it tighter. It was almost like, if he were to let go of my hand that he'd be letting go of me. I wanted to react somehow.

I channelled all the energy left into my left hand. I pursed my lips and clenched my jaws tightly. I held my breath, all my concentration on letting Zayn know I was here and I wasn't going anywhere. Not yet.

His hand in mine, I began to feel the pressure in my fingertips. I commenced to squeeze back, so slightly. I felt his hand relax and I began to hold Zayn's hand as tight as I could.

"I knew you were here. I told you I wouldn't give up," his said as if he was reading the note. Words narrated in my head from the note. They chanted over and over. Traumatizing me.

I began to control my respiration as I heard the machines begin to uproar of beeps. I feared losing it all again. So I calmed myself. Scared of the place I just came out of.

I assumed it had been hours. My hand in Zayn's. Just the two of us as he moved my hair from my face and tucked it gently behind my ear. I felt his soft minty breath hit my forehead. Just the sound of his rhythmic breathing calmed me.

I heard more footsteps approach. The sound of high stiletto pumps became louder as it stopped by me at the foot of my bed. I heard the shuffling of papers before it came to a stop and she finally spoke.

"And how do you relate to Miss Beau? Are you her boyfriend?" she asked in her high pitched accent.

"Err... no. I'm just a close friend," Zayn responded unconfidently.

That's when I my heart warmed. To think after all I did, all the betrayal and stubbornness he deemed me as a close friend. That I still meant something to this amazing person. I had no idea what I would do in return. This young man has done the world for me. Just a girl he's known for just under month.