received

Read this in black screen

Knock

"Come in."

Click. The woman turned the door knot and slowly pushed the door open. Graciously approaching the male prosecutor that sat directly in front of her. Red suit. Broad shoulders. White jabot. White dress shirt. Dark grey hair. Charismatic.

"Make known of yourself."

"I am [y/n] [l/n], sir!"

She was magical. Her flowing locks of [h/c] hair rested beautifully on her shoulders. She wore big round black thin-framed glasses. Her white button-up with long sleeves complimented her black a-line skirt, paired with a pair of elegant black heels. Stunning.

S-Sir..?!

"State your business with me," his stern voice has frightened the poor mousey girl.

"Y-Yes! I'm the new secretary that you hired a week ago."

Secretary..? That I hired? When?

"Right, your identification card for acknowledgement of working as a prosecutor's secretary please," his guard was up. He couldn't believe the word coming out from the girl's mouth.

She clumsily went through a pile of items in her work case, taking out the identification card Edgeworth requested.

"Here!" Her cheerful tone managed to lighten the tense atmosphere in the room.

She presented her identification card for acknowledgment of working as a prosecutor's secretary, and it left him speechless.

Am I that old to be forgetting things so quickly?!

"Right. Please take a seat, Ms [l/n]. We'll be discussing the materials that you need to complete by today and a look-through of my case study. Is that fine by you, Ms [l/n]?" He said monotonously.

"I'm fine with it!", despite the cold attitude coming from Edgeworth, she still managed to put a smile across her face and kept her friendly outlook going.

"Let's take a look at this case, Mia Fey's death. First, we need to read about this murder case and understand the story. Our first task is to find pieces of evidence that will be able to prove the suspect to be guilty. In this Mia Fey's murder case, the suspect happened to be her younger sister, Maya Fey. She was a suspect as we had an eye-witness who witnessed the whole murder scene before calling the police."

He paused for a moment to catch his secretary's mind wandering into space.

Tch. Who hired her? Me?! Impossible.

Snap. He snapped his fingers in front of her face, causing her to lose her train of thoughts and returning to reality instantly.

"Miss [l/n], were you even listening?" Annoyance rang in his tone.

"I-I..I'm sorry, sir! I am still new, and I...tend to lose focus when it comes to documents," she replied, looking down in an attempt to hide her embarrassed face.

He let out a sigh.

Were you friggin' serious?! Inexperienced?! A short span of attention?! Seriously, what was in my head when I hired her?!?

"Then start learning to stay focused..," indeed ruthless and cold, there wasn't even a single drop of sympathy in his tone.

"R-Right! Sorry, sir! I'll do better!" Intimidated by his look, words, and tone, the frail girl apologized.

"Then let's restart this case study," he gave another sigh before restarting his speech.
That day, they looked through the murder case and went to the crime scene to pick up some new evidence. Studying through the evidence, and the testimony of the witness to understand the incident better.

However, most of the time was just Edgeworth teaching [y/n]. Being a rookie, [y/n] needed a patient teacher to guide her through, and even though Edgeworth didn't seem like the guy, he still willingly showed her the way.

The day went by quickly, and it soon came to an end. The employee took a bus home while the boss drove home. It was a long day but still manageable.
Because

It was just the beginning.

A whole new beginning.

The dark grey head opened the door that led to his shower room. Relaxing in his luxurious bathtub, he took a deep breath, recalling everything that happened today. It was still suspicious of how he randomly got a secretary that he never remembered hiring.

So was the [h/c] head. Water droplets falling onto her smooth skin, she could finally breathe after hanging around that stern and strict prosecutor the whole day.

Being a secretary would be fun, they say.
You may get a hot boss, they say.
Maybe the love of your life would be your boss! They say.

They say this they say that.

OBJECTION!

Fun?! It felt like torture! I could hardly breathe! It felt like if I messed up my breathing rhythm, I would get a scolding from that supposedly handsome and hot boss!

Well, maybe he is a little handsome. I mean, he kind of looks good. Pfft, yeah, he looks good FAR AWAY from me, not up close!
.....
...
.
He is handsome.
...
BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!

That rude guy being the LOVE OF MY LIFE?!
Impossible! I had rather so much married a stray cat than to marry that prosecutor!

She angrily plumped out the conditioner in her bottle and rubbed it against her hair scalp.

And so, another day has passed.

He was just a mere mean boss.

And,

She was just a mere stupid secretary.

Yet, little did they know,

that they would be so much more.

Only if he makes the right choice.

E N D  .