need

It was a cold war for a month and a half.

The relationship and trust that took a long while to built have came crumbling down. Strangers.

You refused to answer any out of work issues and even refused to let him drive you home.

The cold war started because you got framed for murder, and he was the prosecutor for your trial.

You ignored all his messages and didn't bother reading any of his messages.

Even though it's been so long, you're still angry at him.

Ding! You got a message!

You immediately knew that it was Edgeworth.

You decided to check the message this time.

From: Miles Edgeworth
Don't stay up too late.
I won't be able to contact you for awhile, I'll be heading out.
If anything, you can call Phoneix Wright.
I've told him to watch for your calls.
Goodnight.
»» MESSAGE OPENED

From: [Y/n] [L/n]
Stay safe.
MESSAGE SAVED AS DRAFT ««

Screw it. I don't feel like replying to these messages. It felt so weird.

You decided to play some mobile phone games before heading to bed.

You were having dreams of being chased by a hooded figure, his footsteps were loud, and he was coming for you.

You kept turning your head to check, as you were desperately running to run out from this dark alley to the large crowd.

He wasn't running, he was walking.

You turned back infront to saw the hooded figure standing in front of you.

You screamed but he covered your mouth and carried you away.

You kept kicking and hitting him. Your actions made the hooded man angry so he threw you to the ground.

"You're making me more hungry."

He said as he opened his mouth and-

Ring~ Ring~

The sound of your ringtone woke you up.

Sweats were running down your face. You were thankful for that call because you did not want to know what was going to happen.

You quickly grabbed your phone to check who's calling.

INCOMING CALL...
Maya Fey
✔------------------✘

You answered the call in drowsiness.

"[Y/N] TURNED ON THE TELEVISION. IT'S IMPORTANT," Maya shouted across the phone, and that alone is enough to wake you up.

"Maya, it's 4a.m., and I don't have a television."

"OH. THEN I'LL SEND YOU A LINK, OPEN IT." Then she hung up the call.

Ding! You got a message.

You clicked onto the link that Maya sent you, it led to a website about a piece of surprising news.

It wrote, "HEADLINE: EDGEWORTH ACCUSED OF MURDER."

You were taken aback and bewildered.

When he told you he had something on, it wasn't to murder, right?

It can't be.

You know he won't do anything like this.

He must gave gotten framed for murder.

Finally, you put down the ego you have been holding on to visit him in the detention centre.

You arrived early morning, at 6a.m.

The police officer politely opened the door for you, and you saw Edgeworth.

This scene reminded you of when you were the one in the detention centre.

And it was at this moment you understood how Edgeworth felt at that very day.

I want to protect her. I need to get her out of here. I believe in her. She's innocent.

"[Y/n]...?" His face brightened up after seeing you.

You took a deep breath before replying him, "I'm sorry. I should have tried to understand you instead of thinking that I'm always right."

He looked at you with a small smile across his face. He was glad to see you, and he was delighted that you replied to him.

He missed you.

"And I believe you didn't do anything! I know it's not you. I'll help Phoneix in this trial, alright! I'll get you out of here," you smiled back.

"Thank you. That's all I needed to hear." He stood up ready to leave.

"W-Wait," you said.

He turned around to look at you.

"I'll be waiting for you, so don't do anything silly to get you back here, alright?" You asserted.

He nodded his head and walked back into his room.

"I can't promise you in this, sorry."