alone

You have arrived early with Phoenix and Maya to the courtroom.

They stayed at the defendant lobby while you went inside the courtroom to take a seat as the audience.

Today is the day of the trial.

The prosecutor that Phoenix will face is Von Karma, also the man known for his perfect records in court. Edgeworth once mentioned that he was adopted by Von Karma when he lost his father.

It was heartbreaking to hear that Von Karma would be the prosecutor this case. You wondered what Edgeworth felt, and you were hoping to win this case as quickly as possible.

Soon enough, the trial has started.

It was an intense battle of Phoenix debunking the evidence and Von Karmua tearing through Phoenix's points.

The trial got postponed.

You decided to pay Edgeworth a visit at the detention centre.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" You asked.

"Weird," he replied.

"[Y/n], I've been getting this weird dreams recently. It was the day when my father died, I was in the lift with my father and Mr. Yogi, and Mr. Yogi started arguing with my father. Just then, I felt something heavy fell on my feet. I picked it up and threw it at Mr. Yogi in an attempt to stop the fight, but a moment later, there was a gunshot and then a terrible scream," he said.

"Miles, you don't think it was you, right?" You queried.

"I..," he muttered.

"I think I'm the murderer for the DL-6 case," he confessed.

"No, it's just a dream, Miles. You didn't do anything!" You assured him.

"No, it's me. It's me, [Y/n]. I was the one...I-," he paused awhile before continuing, "I was the one who murdered my father."

"I-It's an accident after all! Y-You won't confess to it. Right, Miles?" You hoped.

"I have to," he firmly said.

"It's only right for me to do that. Before DL-6's case is officially closed, I have to confess my guilt," he repeated.

"You can't!" You shouted in anger.

"Not so soon..You can't leave me. You can't just leave me alone! I still need you! Miles please!" Tears ran down your cheeks as you plead him to stay.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll come back and find you, no matter where you went." He stood up and left, leaving you sitting alone in tears.

Face full of tears. You couldn't stop him after all.

The murder that framed Edgeworth has come to an end.

Edgeworth was declared not guilty, and Mr. Yogi was the former murderer.

However, it's not the end.

"I have something to confess," Edgeworth declared.

Please don't.

"I was the murderer for the DL-6 incident," Edgeworth confessed. This confession has shocked everyone in the courtroom. Murmurs painfully filled the room, and soon people went into short discussions about Edgeworth's latest statement.

Crap. It's over.

You closed your eyes, praying for the very best. The judge decided to hold a 5 minutes recess to think about this.

Edgeworth quickly went over to find you to apologise.

You stayed silent as he apologised.

Without realising, tears started to flow down. Edgeworth looked at you in silence, taking a few deep breath before pulling you into his arms.

"I will do whatever I can to show that Edgeworth is not the murderer," Phoenix affirmed.

And so, the trial continued.